My Foster Mishka Full Sibe or Husky x White GSD?

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

like i said when i saw her at a distance i thought gsd then she got closer n i thought sibe - hard to tell unless she has papers

wonder if raindog will have any ideas on it

another pic of her

[ATTACH=full]28645[/ATTACH]

That looks the spit of my Stormy!! And the eyes are the exact match-bi-eyed on the same sides!!!

I would say 100% Siberian - can't see any GSD in her anywhere. As Gill mentioned above, she looks very much like Ronnie and Reggie, two white huskies we recently rehomed for SHWA. In fact, over the past five years, we have probably rehomed something like 100 white sibes - all very similar in look to this girl.

These are just a selection of them:

Fatboy3.jpg

Leo3.jpg

ScreenShot057.jpg

White1.jpg

Blake1.jpg

saskianew3.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

One of the problems we have in Sibes is that the indiscriminate breeding of "pet" quality huskies has meant that some 100% purebred dogs don't look much like what people expect when they think Siberian Husky. This little girl was a purebred Siberian (badly bred) and she looked very little like most people's idea of a husky. Unfortunately she was malnourished as a baby and died of liver failure soon after we took her in for fostering.

Lily4.jpg

Lily1.jpg

Mick

wow raindog those look nothing like my kizzy!

Wonder if kizzy is ok-ish bred then!? (you once said she looked puppy farmed, but to me she looks a lot more standard than the examples you've posted above)

[ATTACH=full]28676[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]28677[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]28678[/ATTACH]

She looks unique I cant place it tho...what its is about her her neck mayber her shoulders...mebbe its her head...or all 3 O_O

I would say 100% Siberian - can't see any GSD in her anywhere. As Gill mentioned above, she looks very much like Ronnie and Reggie, two white huskies we recently rehomed for SHWA. In fact, over the past five years, we have probably rehomed something like 100 white sibes - all very similar in look to this girl.

These are just a selection of them:

Fatboy3.jpg

Leo3.jpg

ScreenShot057.jpg

White1.jpg

Blake1.jpg

saskianew3.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

One of the problems we have in Sibes is that the indiscriminate breeding of "pet" quality huskies has meant that some 100% purebred dogs don't look much like what people expect when they think Siberian Husky. This little girl was a purebred Siberian (badly bred) and she looked very little like most people's idea of a husky. Unfortunately she was malnourished as a baby and died of liver failure soon after we took her in for fosterin so sad ....