The Pawpack Huskies!! Lycan's losing his little furry plums!!

basketcase687

Hi all.

We have made the decision to get Lycan neutered and he's having his op this Thursday:(.I know there are health benefits but I am still a bit worried about whether or not it will have any adverse effects on him.He is a very calm boy,never jumps up on my kids or rarely tries humping any of the others.We are doing it because he gets quite tense when he sees other dogs,and I am hoping it will calm him down.He doesn't like strangers(positively unfriendly in fact!)and is very cautious with people we meet on our walks etc.He is nearly 8 months old .I have heard that it can change their personalities:confused:,so can anyone who has had a male neutered tell me if they have noticed any change in any way .I would be interested to hear anyone elses experiences.Thank You:)

hi had marley done at 6 months and he was fine ..hes a good mixer ..my 4 of my friends have huskies ..2 neutered ..2 still in tact the ones neutered .play and mix with other dogs .but the the other 2 only mix with marley.. im sure all will go well

hi had marley done at 6 months and he was fine ..hes a good mixer ..my 4 of my friends have huskies ..2 neutered ..2 still in tact the ones neutered .play and mix with other dogs .but the the other 2 only mix with marley.. im sure all will go well

Thanks, That's encouraging.Just can't help feeling sorry for him though!!:eek:

good luck hun x

Thank you ,and here is an update!!

I took Lycan to our vet at 8am this morning.He looked terrified when I left him!!:(

I had a phone call from the vet at 3pm to say that all had gone well,and I could come and get him.When I got there I was not expecting such a welcome,or that he would be on his feet and so lively!!.He pulled me out to the car,leapt into the back and we went home!!

Once home,he was obviously starving.They had advised me to feed him something like chicken,incase he felt sick from the anaesthetic.But he wolfed down every little morsel I offered him,with no adverse effects:rolleyes:(another surprise!!)

To date,he has been a little sleepy ,but other than that fine.I have to take him back next Thursday for a check up,and meanwhile,just exercise him on the lead until then,so that means he will probably be bouncing off the walls by tomorrow!!

Thanks everyone,for your comments,much appreciated.:)

Karen.x