Snowdonia Charity Walk

Sarah

CALLING ALL UK MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!

Dan (Fazz 1982 on here) is organising a charity walk on Saturday 15th August. Unfortunately, Marc and myself are unable to attend as we are at a family wedding that day but will be sending a donation.

Here is an email that I received from Dan tonight with further details......I have removed the mobile numbers but if members that can make it need the mumbers please PM me and I will forward them to you.

The purpose of the walk was initially to heplp raise funds via sponsorship to donate to the National ITF Taekwon-Do team member who will be travelling to Argentina this November to compete at the World Championships. Due to the sport beiong a minor sport, it is not government funded even at the elite level. It is estimated to cost in the region of 1800 - 2500 per competitor to compete (out of their own pockets) unless funds are raised.

If any of your members took part I would propose 50% of their raised funds would go towards ITF England and 50% to be donated by husky Owners to a charity or cause of your choice. We would follow up with local press coverage and potentially contact some martial arts magazines and propose some articles to some pet owners magazines and write a cover story to see if we can get any publicity for fellow husky's, the charity and also husky owners forum.

We plan to meet at Pen Y-Pass carpark located along the A4086 at 9am on Saturday 15th August. The post code which should direct you to the car park is LL55 4NY. If you are running late, please let myself (078******** // 079*********) know or Mr Denis so that we dont leave without you.

Please ensure that you all bring adequate water and food as we will probably be walking all day. It is advised that you purchase the relevant OS Map that covers Pen-Y-Pass, Crib Goch and Snowdon, a compass and suitable water proof wear just in case it buckets down with rain!!

The sponsor form can be downloaded from

http://itfengland.com/snowdon.html

The link is located at the foot of that page.

Let me know if you have any interested parties or not and whether or not they will be raising funds or going for fun.

I hope that as many members as possible can attend, it promises to be a great day and is for a great cause.

Once interested parties are established we can then decide on a suitable Husky Charity.

• 2 weeks later...