Pedigree question

MollynDiesel

I got D's pedigree certificate a few weeks ago and ive been looking at it over and over, because it looks awesome1 :D

LOVING the names on there, very weird lol

But i noticed a name 'Daz whiter than white' twice on his mums side and twice on his dads side.

E.g

Tarok resharn- Daz whiter than white + Tolgoblin ice maiden

+

Sweet snowblossom- Daz whiter than white+Wyphursts rosie

Inbreeding?

And does anyone else have this on their certificate?

hiya. On Qilaqs dads side daz whiter than white shows on the pedigree with dream of siam.

Additionally on his dads side we have tolgoblin ranging stranger twice as well.

so looks like our two are related somewhere down the line lol :)

Oooooooh thats pretty cool :)

Looks like whoever 'Daz whiter than white' was he's a proper player lol

Ive got tolgoblin ranging stranger on mine to! :)

thats interesting!!!! do u have whiskeys little imp?

what are you dogs parents names and grandparents name?

Very interesting. Yep, bred with tolgoblin ranging stranger

His mum- aromist moonlync

Grandmum mums side- Kenmilltri waterlady

Grandad mums side- Paperback writer

Dad- Boxhall boy

Grandmum dads side- Mystic fantasy

Grandad dads side- Snowbles warrior prince

What are your dogs parents, grandparents names?? :)

was the pup of ranging stranger and little imp on your pedigree a male named wesmania dainea? if so who was he bred with?

mum - star

grandad mums side - nez purse

grandmum mums side - leather and lace babe

dad - adeyvilles surprise

grandad dads side - white lightning mase

grandmum dads side - corries hatt

Cool. Some interesting names lol

And yep wesmania dianea bred with Cass of ice to make nordick agia :)

It's actually called "line breeding" - it's related to inbreeding, and is actually a little less concentrated form of inbreeding. It's very common, and it's effective - providing you know what the dogs involved have as positive and negative characteristics - and similar information about their ancestry, too! Especially important to know health and temperament information, such as that there were no known ancestors (and preferably no close relatives!) who had genetic eye diseases, hip dysplasia, or other health problems... It makes any common genes more likely to be expressed - good OR bad! - so if you know what you're doing, you can get better results than by breeding largely unrelated individuals. If you don't know what you're doing, though, especially with really close relatives, it can be disastrous!

Unfortunately the fact that lots of people on here have the same dogs in their dogs' pedigrees is not co-incidence, simply the reflection of the fact that 15 years or so ago, there were a handful of good breeders on the one hand, and a handful of puppy farmers and backyard breeders on the other. The latter group tended to use the same stud dogs over and over again - hence the appearance of dogs like "Daz", in hundreds of pedigrees.

Unfortunately the fact that lots of people on here have the same dogs in their dogs' pedigrees is not co-incidence, simply the reflection of the fact that 15 years or so ago, there were a handful of good breeders on the one hand, and a handful of puppy farmers and backyard breeders on the other. The latter group tended to use the same stud dogs over and over again - hence the appearance of dogs like "Daz", in hundreds of pedigrees.

I had a feeling that would be the case, i know greys breeders arent great. I contacted the name on him mums pedigree, and asked about him, and she said she had no idea and that she wasnt his breeder, but the mum was a girl she sold, when i asked if she could give me contact details of this person, she didnt know who she sold her too!!!