Should I get a 2nd Husky???

stemckenna

Hi everyone I currently have 1 Husky called Demon. He is taken out everyday for a run on our local field but sometimes he can still be quite hyperactive at home. He has had toys to keep him occupied but he destroys them or just isnt interested. Should I get another husky for him to play with around the house and on the field? Would this help tire him out or would I be asking for more trouble with getting a 2nd husky? Any help would be great.

Thanks Ste, Rach & Demon.

They say it's easier to be caretaker of two than it is for one. We have two, but in our case, one is a tomboy and the other is like a princess. The tomboy, Zoya, wants to be outside quite a bit, and loves to run and play fight. The princess, Eisa, prefers human companionship. They do get along, it's just that their interests lie in different areas; much like we humans.

So it will depend on the personality of each dog, how they get along and how they interact. But in general, I think two is better than one.

2 can be better than 1 - but it can also end up being twice the work. It will surely be twice the expense. (something to consider)

And as Dave said - it really depends on the dogs as to how they will bond.

But, having 3, I will tell you that having 2 will not diminish the energy level. It will give them something to expel their energy on tho. They will keep each other busy if they get along OK.

I got my second a year ago,and though they have their moments,they could not be apart now.

They are pack animals and I felt it was unfair to have Max alone.

I am glad I got my second boy,Blue.

As for the excercise, they need a minimum of 2 hours a day,so a quick run is great but not enough as they start to mature,they will become bored if they cannot exert their pent up energy.That's when the destruction starts.

A tired husky is a happy calm husky!

Good luck with finding a new companion for your lovely boy.