PLEASE HELP ME!

Amey

Ok my female husky will be a year old around december, recently these people had a male husky who they no longer wished to have and were going to turn him loose. Well we took him in. my female has been around other big dogs. But lived with just a pomeranian at the time. She had also been attacked twice by two other big dogs. She absoutely hates the male husky we got. Its been about a month, but she cant stand him. they come in from outside, and all hell breaks loose. We put him in his crate for awhile and let him out again and she whines and growls and snaps at him. So she goes in the crate for a little while. She will not allow him around us or anything else without showing her butt. Idk what to do, I dont wanna get rid of him but she seems so unhappy and I cant stand seeing her act like she is.....

I'm so sorry to hear! I know what you mean. We have a 7 year old Chocolate Lab and now have a 16 week old Siberian Husky. A guy my works with who lives in an apt. decided to buy a Husky puppy and within a month decided he couldn't take care of him. I had heard negative things on how he was treating his dog so I told my husband to have him bring him to us. It was love at first sight for us but not for our Lab Cheyenne. Luckily it only took our dog 2 weeks to finally give in and start playing with Kodiak. I hope it works out for you as I know it's a hard situation to be in!

Things like this just take time. Once your girl realizes that the new guy is there to stay she may enjoy having a new friend to hang out with! It sounds like shes had bad experiences with other dogs in the past so make sure to let her know that good things happen when the new dog is around. Take them on walks together, play with them together, treat them often when they are together, you get the idea.

Also, her just coming out of a heat could be to blame for her behavior.

Make sure, if he isn't already, to get the boy neutered so you don't have any unwanted pups. :)

im having similar problems with my girl and a foster girl.

This is just like the problem I had with my pup Storm and our new 5 year old girl-they would play then turn into fights. Storm is so possessive of toys etc. To be honest it will take ALOT of time and patience. They will learn to like each other. Like the others said, it could be hormonal for your girl. I mean think of it from our perspective-you are PMSing and someone has lumbered you with some annoying male (we all know how annoying men can be!!!) you'd be pretty pissed too. LOL Hope it all works out though, I'm still working on it for my girls but we are slowly getting there :)