Hi everyone!

lovemysiberian

Time for me to stop creeping and lurking around the board :P My name is Jackie and I am 25 years old, from New York and work at a local humane society, caring for the dogs. I had a handsome and wonderful Siberian Husky named Taz and just lost him in May. He was my first dog. I miss him terribly and feel like I lost my world. He was so incredibly healthy for his age (he passed right before his 15th birthday), but got diagnosed with hip dysplasia a week before I had to put him down.. I never knew, he started showing it out of no where, and once it hit him hard, he just kept getting worse, nothing worked for him and I needed to do what was best for him. He was amazing and so strong for hiding the dysplasia that long. Before the end, he was always happy, loving life, running and playing. It's been 6 months and it's still the most awful pain I've ever felt and there is not a single day that goes by that I don't think of him, and I do still cry.

In September, I decided to try and foster a 5 month old (she's now 7 months) female Husky from the shelter I work at and see if it would work out. I am not sure my heart was ready to bring another dog in my life (because I would sell my soul to the devil if there was any way for me to get Taz back!), but I became majorly depressed and turned into a vegetable after I lost Taz, I really needed to get active again and have something to look forward to. She's still my foster girl, not officially mine yet, but I will definetly be adopting her (which makes me a foster mom failure for the 2nd time, as Taz was a foster as well, just for a much shorter time). I named her Echo and she is rambunctious, but not as crazy as I would have expected for a Husky pup. She is incredibly smart and catches on to things pretty quick, so I think she will be a great dog! Anyway, I'll post some pics of the babies (and one of my Taz memorials.. plan to get more work done on it, I would like to get his pawprint and a portrait of him permanently on me). Taz is the grey/black/white, Echo is the solid white.

271112_10150237746612880_781147879_7438036_3786994_n.jpg

164876_495231702879_781147879_6205040_7050881_n.jpg

5816_114909237879_781147879_2310657_6499771_n.jpg

297434_10150323271517880_781147879_8112622_438221566_n.jpg

2aivbb.png

Looking forward to getting to know everyone (and your Huskies!) and get involved in the forum! :)

A heartfelt welcome to the pack. So sorry about Taz. We had to put our Elke down, a few months short of her 15th birthday. That was over 3 years ago, and it is still tough.

Echo looks like a sweetheart. I'm sure she will bring lots of joy to you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk.

:welcome: from another foster failure. We started with our Red one, Andy, and knew in short time he was ours, then we knew he needed a pal, then came Jack, and after camp, we thought we'd round things out with a girl....3 is enough....and now with behaviors sneaking in, it's more difficult than expected, but know you are doing a good thing....fostering, adopting, and congrats on working at a humane society....not sure I could do that. Maybe you'll want to travel to Iowa next September and come to camp with us!:wave1:

Hello and welcome. My sympathies are with you. I too lost my first husky 11 months ago (Alice). I lasted exactly 2 months before the decision to get another one was set, so less than 3 months later I had my next one (Grace) driving me crazy 24/7. I believe with out Grace, all I would feel was the loss and emptiness, but with Grace I feel I am keeping my Alice in my heart with lots of good memories and using those experiences to raise my Gracie girl, with no time to sulk and painfully miss her when I have a new baby to care for and to entertain me. It really did take the sting off without putting Alice completely out of thought, as I think of her daily and sometimes mistakenly call Gracie, Alice.

So again, Welcome and I wish you my best in your new relationship. That is a great tatoo, you've given me something to think about....seems like a cool idea. And, Taz was a handsome and dignified guy....loving the soft eyes that almost look ice blue-gray.

Time for me to stop creeping and lurking around the board :P My name is Jackie and I am 25 years old, from New York and work at a local humane society, caring for the dogs. I had a handsome and wonderful Siberian Husky named Taz and just lost him in May. He was my first dog. I miss him terribly and feel like I lost my world. He was so incredibly healthy for his age (he passed right before his 15th birthday), but got diagnosed with hip dysplasia a week before I had to put him down.. I never knew, he started showing it out of no where, and once it hit him hard, he just kept getting worse, nothing worked for him and I needed to do what was best for him. He was amazing and so strong for hiding the dysplasia that long. Before the end, he was always happy, loving life, running and playing. It's been 6 months and it's still the most awful pain I've ever felt and there is not a single day that goes by that I don't think of him, and I do still cry.

In September, I decided to try and foster a 5 month old (she's now 7 months) female Husky from the shelter I work at and see if it would work out. I am not sure my heart was ready to bring another dog in my life (because I would sell my soul to the devil if there was any way for me to get Taz back!), but I became majorly depressed and turned into a vegetable after I lost Taz, I really needed to get active again and have something to look forward to. She's still my foster girl, not officially mine yet, but I will definetly be adopting her (which makes me a foster mom failure for the 2nd time, as Taz was a foster as well, just for a much shorter time). I named her Echo and she is rambunctious, but not as crazy as I would have expected for a Husky pup. She is incredibly smart and catches on to things pretty quick, so I think she will be a great dog! Anyway, I'll post some pics of the babies (and one of my Taz memorials.. plan to get more work done on it, I would like to get his pawprint and a portrait of him permanently on me). Taz is the grey/black/white, Echo is the solid white.

271112_10150237746612880_781147879_7438036_3786994_n.jpg

164876_495231702879_781147879_6205040_7050881_n.jpg

5816_114909237879_781147879_2310657_6499771_n.jpg

297434_10150323271517880_781147879_8112622_438221566_n.jpg

2aivbb.png

Looking forward to getting to know everyone (and your Huskies!) and get involved in the forum! :)

hi jackie and welcome ..so sorry to hear u been thru a difficult time ..some times it helps to share your feelins .and as u can c their r plenty of us here to listen and chat..echo is beautiful.she will never replace taz ..their will b a place in your heart for her as well.. im sure ...take care.:)

post-3916-0-36464500-1367172780_thumb.jp

To the best Husky forum in the WORLD.

Sorry to hear about Taz. :(

He was such a handsome boy. :)

Glad you've decided to stop "lurking".

Join in, don't be shy. :up:

post-1354-1358600167572_thumb.jpg

hi and welcome

sorry to hear about taz he was a stunning boy and i love ur tattoo for him.

echo is lovely looks like ur doing a fantastic job with bring her up x

Hi Jackie and Welcome to the best - and most addictive - Husky forum you're going to find. Sorry about Taz - it's rough losing a friend who's been around that long.

Your location says New York, so I assume that's NYC?? Looked to see if you'd pinned yourself on the member map http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ and didn't find you there, so I'll have to ask. I was born in the Thousand Islands are a of NYS but have lived in Texas since '78 so I'm much more a Texan than a New Yorker.

Like the expression Echo has on that first picture "Yeh, Mom, what're we gonna do now??" He'll never replace Taz, but he will be a new friend with all his own little personal quirks, enjoy!!