best time to get another husky???

emma.bryan

:omg::wub: he is so cute! I don't have any right answer for that one, but wanted to say how cute he is! My husband thinks two puppies means what one doesn't figure out the other one will...aka mischief....then again, I think they need playmates, and have always kept two dogs in the household one husky and a GSD, my first set were 1.5yrs apart. right now I have a 11month old and a 13yr old and he can't teach her much cuz he's getting on in years, not all there most of the time and just grumpy and lazy, so my new pup is not getting the training and playtime the first pup got from having an older one to set a standard be a role model and run some energy out of her regularly.

He is so cute he deserves a playmate, if not now, later.

We got Micah when Ozzy was six months old. He wasn't fully trained yet, which was a big mistake. It is very, very difficult to train two at the same time. I still struggle with one or two things - like jumping up against visitors - it is getting better, but not always. If you are happy with the training, then get your second one. Two is better than one :yahoo:

i agree we got ours to close together, while i had time put into Shadow he is very good in the basics but not if a visitor comes ... sky is rather taking the "piss" if i still try to teach her the basics ... wish now i would have waited just a bit longer Shadow was about 6 month old when we took sky in and she was 12 weeks then

All our dogs are 2 years apart, we are looking at getting our 4th next year this one will be 3 years younger than sisko, i prefer to leave it a year or 2 between dogs

I agree Rose, in hindsight I should have waited until Ozzy was at leastone-two years old - but then I wouldn't have my Micah, and I couldn't imagine life without her. Oh well, my visitors have all come to terms with their exhuberant welcome :rolleyes: In all other aspects, they are pretty good.

i would wait till ur current dog is fully matured n out of his teenage stage - as if u have 2 young dogs - n they hit the teenage stage together its gonna be ALOT of hard work - as they really push the boundries and all ur training uve done can go out of the window n u need to be even more firm and consistant with them at this stage

Blaze was about 16 months old when we added skyla to the pack

For me Kira was about 16-17months when i got tyler, kira had calmed down, was spayed, i was happy with her training and it felt like the right time . But i forgot how much time a puppy takes up and how much trouble a puppy can be:D! But i wouldn't be without them. They love playing together.

We have added keeta to our family last month....3 days before Teeko's first birthday. I wouldn't have gotten one any sooner as I don't think teeko was ready. We decided on a second when we were happy with teeko's training....he was no longer crated, no problems with him.....but typically...2 days after paying deposit, teeko regresses and starts trashing the lino again. Nothing major but maybe a hint that it would've been better to wait a little longer.

On the other hand. The dynamic between the 2 of them is brilliant and she seems to have calmed him a lot. For us...it was the best thing we did and we are very happy. He is helping with her training and we are very pleased. But, it is teeko's nature to be good with puppies...that will vary dog to dog.

I'm waffling...i know! When really what I should say is that you are the only one who can answer this question as you know your dog. Everyone has different views on this and will tell you of the things to bear in mind but, ultimately, nobody knows better than you! :-D