Looking for my first Siberian Husky...

Ashley Cormack

Hi

I thought this was maybe a good way of finding some Siberian Husky breeders near my area. My name is Ashley Cormack and at the moment I stay in Glasgow, Scotland. I am moving to Motherwell, Scotland where I will be moving into our new house. Me and my boyfriend are looking for our first dog together, and after much research and consideration we have decided on the Siberian husky. I can think of no other dog I would rather have.

We have both owned and been around dogs since we were born. My boyfriend has owned several dogs such as lab type dogs. I have been around dogs since I was young since both me and my sister used to own horses. We had our only dog which was a Golden Retriver who sadly passed away a couple of years ago. I have been around big dogs since I was younger (Saint Bernards, Husky) and felt this was the right time to introduce a Siberian husky into our life. I have made sure our new home is fully compatible with the lifestyle needed for a Siberian husky (back garden with 6 foot fencing, plenty of space for walks, and a loving home).

I have been looking for a couple of weeks; however, I have not been able to find any litters in Scotland. We would be more than prepared to travel south for the correct puppy (such as Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Durham, West Midland area). If anyone know of any litters that are available around the end of December I hope you could get in touch with me. The puppy would have such a loving home and no expense is too much.

I hope this wasn't too much, but I really cannot wait to own such an amazing breed :)

Welcome to the forum :) I think it's fantastic you've done so much research, so few people bother and end up with more they can handle. You sound like you'll have a great home for a lucky pup :D

Unfortunately the advertising of dogs for sale is against the rules of the forum so we cannot help you locate your new member of the family, but I know there's a link out there somewhere explaining what to look for in a good breeder; that is the most important thing you should be thinking about right now. Good, ethical breeders will produce good pups - you should make sure you don't become one of the many people each year that fuel the back-yard-breeding industry. raindog I believe has a link to a website which explains what to look for in a good breeder, but I should point out that a good breeder will more than likely have a waiting list of people wanting their dogs so if you come across anyone who has puppies ready for December and doesn't already have homes for them then I would question why they are breeding and beware.

I'm sorry, being in the US, I can't help you find a breeder, however I did want to say "Hi", and thwelcome-1.jpg! Good luck in finding a wonderful companion.

Have you considered rescue as an option in case you can't find a good breeder? If you do decide that you want to get a puppy, make sure that the breeder has done health checks on the parents - they should have certificates which state that both parents have at the least had their eyes and hips checked, and that they are normal!

If you are both working dont get a sib . you will soon realise if you do that you made a mistake. if at least one of you is there 24 /7 you will soon realise that one is not enough , this is why there are so many in care. make sure you know what your doing PLEASE.

There are alot of people I know that have sibes that work :/ For the first bit it is a good idea to be at home more but somone doesnt HAVE to be home...nobody would have a dog :P

I cannot thank everyone enough for replying. I didn't expect so many replies :)

I understand for forum regulations you cannot advertise. I will ensure the puppy has everything it possibly can. I'll also look into reacue centres, but at the moment I know there is none in my local area. I will be buying from a reputable breeder as I want to in no way help the puppy mill industry.

I'll look at the list and once again thanks.

That's so great to hear :)

If a rescue is something you would consider maybe think about looking further afield than your local area - many of the rescues will try to help out with transport.

Whatever route you go make sure to check back so we can see the little mite :D

Good luck in your serch they really are full of personality :)

when i lived in the uk I used to help out at cats protection and I know they dont re home cats at the end of december the whole pets for life not just xmas thing ,

I dont know how many good breeders / re homing centers will re home at the end of december but if you find the one for you im sure you will waite for him/her ,