Juno just ate a whole block of chocolate - what to do?

soundeffects

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the well wishes everyone - after we came home she had no side effects whatsoever (I was afraid she might since we got to the vet an hour after she ate it) so that was a relief.

I didn't know about hyrdogen peroxide though! That's really handy. The vet I went to gave her roughly a tablespoon worth of washing/laundry crystals and she started throwing up within about 30 seconds so I'm going to grab some of that and some peroxide next time I'm at the shops. (:

Yeah, peroxide works! I thought Siku had eaten a piece of rope and was so afraid it would cause a blockage. I gave her some peroxide to throw it up. Found out it was a squirrle's tail! Yuck! No wonder she wanted it so bad. Guess a hawk left her a present.

Yeah, peroxide works! I thought Siku had eaten a piece of rope and was so afraid it would cause a blockage. I gave her some peroxide to throw it up. Found out it was a squirrle's tail! Yuck! No wonder she wanted it so bad. Guess a hawk left her a present.

Just so's you know, this made my night. How delightfully random!

I heard it needs to be a never opened bottle of peroxide. Any truth to that?

Not really. If the bottle is left open water can evaporate out of it, and light breaks it down (hence the brown bottles). So as long as you close the lid and put it in a cupboard after use it has a pretty long shelf life - and it doesn't take much to make a dog vomit!