I have come to a conclusion

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

I totally agree with your decision...put your pack and fam. first at all times....We were lucky that Bindi (dominant female) accepted Alpha straight away when we adopted him, but make no mistake that if it did not work out he would have gone back.....

:grouphug:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done for trying.I don't think you could have done anymore.

Not all dogs will settle into a pack,as someone said they all have their individual personalities and sometimes the struggle for dominance can trigger aggressive behaviour.

I think of getting a third dog all the time and situations like yours remind us that it may not be as simple to integrate them as we want it to be.

We are always learning.

My first dog Max,is the largest,but he is a big softie.

When adopted Blue a year ago at 10 mnths,he has shown some aggressive traits towards Max,nothing too serious,a bit of male rivalry.

Max runs away from him when he gets too much.

If I brought another dog into the pack,I would have to work more with little Blue ,Max would accept any dog,he has a fantastic nature.

Blue would be swinging on it's neck by tea time!:D

Well done for trying.I don't think you could have done anymore.

Not all dogs will settle into a pack,as someone said they all have their individual personalities and sometimes the struggle for dominance can trigger aggressive behaviour.

I think of getting a third dog all the time and situations like yours remind us that it may not be as simple to integrate them as we want it to be.

We are always learning.

My first dog Max,is the largest,but he is a big softie.

When adopted Blue a year ago at 10 mnths,he has shown some aggressive traits towards Max,nothing too serious,a bit of male rivalry.

Max runs away from him when he gets too much.

If I brought another dog into the pack,I would have to work more with little Blue ,Max would accept any dog,he has a fantastic nature.

Blue would be swinging on it's neck by tea time!:D

see same as me. think we will have to be happy with our 2 packs lol

I will just agree with everyone- you tried and gave it your best shot, but your first responsibility is to your family and your own dogs. Fostering is something I would love to do -someday but not just now, it's 's just not right for us at the moment as we have older kids but getting them ready for exams, and running them around everywhere( joys of country living) means we have no time to dedicate to settling another. at give your 2 an extra cuddle and enjoy them for the time being :grouphug:

lou u did ur best! its not ur fault - n here now in season isnt gonna help with angel - storm is the softest boy ever so for him to be growly deffo isnt a good thing as its so unlike him

ur doing the best for ALL of the pack - not just urs - like u said its not fair on mishka either

n u might have a pack of 3 one day - just it will have 2 be a pup - blaze was the same VERY growly towards other dogs n theres no way he would have tolerated another dog in his house AT ALL - but he accepted skyla the moment they met - even when the first thing she did was snap her teeth at him lol :)

luv ya xxxxxxxx

lou u did ur best! its not ur fault - n here now in season isnt gonna help with angel - storm is the softest boy ever so for him to be growly deffo isnt a good thing as its so unlike him

ur doing the best for ALL of the pack - not just urs - like u said its not fair on mishka either

n u might have a pack of 3 one day - just it will have 2 be a pup - blaze was the same VERY growly towards other dogs n theres no way he would have tolerated another dog in his house AT ALL - but he accepted skyla the moment they met - even when the first thing she did was snap her teeth at him lol :)

luv ya xxxxxxxx

thats my point exactly, I dont want to change my two especially Storm. We will wait 5 years and have a pup I think.

Well done for trying in the first place Lou, which is more than alot of us have done.

Soooo it didn't work out, such is life, but at least you now know and not wandering what it would be like with another.

and w/e you do don't put it down as a waste of time, as it was an experience and im sure you've learnt alot from it :)