Names

Laine

Not dog names, no.

I noticed some people on the forum have kennel names. So I thought I'd ask - and if it's been asked before, just point me to the right post; most of what the search brought up were posts about dog names - just how did you pick your kennel name?

A second question: I do want to have a kennel name for myself (one reason is so I can get shirts/hoodies with the kennel name on it :P ). I do have some ideas on names, but is there a minimal number of dogs one should have before even picking a name? I have Snowbound's Orion, Deer Creek's Shila, but if I ever got a rescue or if I do breed (which I'd like to do in the future, depending on a lot of factors) I'd like to have a "name" to label them as mine, y'know?

You don't pick your "Kennel name"

When your pup is KC registered, you (sometimes) get to pick the final name but the rest is made up from the

Breeders registered Kennel name (first) the Sires name (second) and then the name you choose.

So Sea Breeze Arcturus Lightning would be

Sea Breeze (kennel) Arcturus (sire) Lightning (your name).

Quite often they will have a fancy KC reg name and then a different name for everyday use.

You don't pick your "Kennel name"

When your pup is KC registered, you (sometimes) get to pick the final name but the rest is made up from the

Breeders registered Kennel name (first) the Sires name (second) and then the name you choose.

So Sea Breeze Arcturus Lightning would be

Sea Breeze (kennel) Arcturus (sire) Lightning (your name).

Quite often they will have a fancy KC reg name and then a different name for everyday use.

I'm not talking about renaming a dog that already has a Kennel name assigned to it, but rather a kennel name for myself and for any dogs in the future I might get or breed myself that don't have any names themselves.

Ah, my bad. . :facepalm:

Try to find something that reflects your locality.

or something that is unique about you. :)

Ah, my bad. . :facepalm:

Try to find something that reflects your locality.

or something that is unique about you. :)

:D No problem Andy.

I thought about locality but a lot of local words I don't like. Tantramar, Chignicto or, god forbid anything with "Ducks" in it :lolman: (think my mom would kill me). But that's not a bad idea, maybe I can find something a little less common that I'll like (the problem with living near a "marsh" area is a lot of "marsh" names).

I was thinking PhoenixRising or RisingPhoenix since I think that represents me a lot. I've also liked Iron Heart for a kennel name, too and Dark Sun or Black Sun. I'm also trying for names though that also aren't like any other kennels out there at least online wise. Which unfortunately leaves Iron Heart out and I think both Phoenix names.

Try creating an Anagram of A local name, or a play on words.

you live in Sacksville. (Sacks) Saxon (ville) House.

or. . .

Take the name you really like and translate it into a different language

New Phoenix Huskies. . translates to :-

Afrikaans - Nuwe Phoenix Huskies

Irish - Nua Huskies Fhionnuisce

Welsh - Newydd Huskies Phoenix

Catalan - Nova Phoenix huskies

Oh now that's an idea.

My family roots go to England/Scotland and are also Mi'kmaq. I've always loved Celtic/Welsh stuff so... maybe something along those lines?

Thanks Andy; gave me a whole new direction to look. :D

But how many dogs does one need to call themselves a "kennel", or at least give themselves a name?

Oh now that's an idea.

My family roots go to England/Scotland and are also Mi'kmaq. I've always loved Celtic/Welsh stuff so... maybe something along those lines?

Thanks Andy; gave me a whole new direction to look. :D

But how many dogs does one need to call themselves a "kennel", or at least give themselves a name?

As to the first. . Och aye, welcome home Lassie. . . :P

second. . You're quite welcome. :)

Third,. . . Not a clue I'm afraid :(