Do you have your dream job?

Tams Teeko and Keeta

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely LOVE my job. I am Quality Assurance for HP under federal contracts. I'm not sure if its my dream job because I'm not sure what that would be but it is pretty darn close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My position as editor of a small town newspaper is my dream job.

Along with the dream come the awful nightmares (!) of weeks which are too busy, weeks which are too slow, writers block, leads that don't come in, technology that doesn't work properly, the calls which go unanswered and never enough time to do everything I'd hoped to.

But, for most purposes, I do love what I do, though it doesn't allow for much free time as I'm also reception, accounting (at times), subscriptions (part time) and customer relations. Some days it's hard to look past the parts I don't like so I can remember what I do.........but other days - hey..........it's perfect.

Calling people and trying to convince them to buy a car is certainly NOT my dream job! It hardly even pays the bills. I do enjoy my job though. Dream job would definitely be working with animals. I'd love being a veterinary technician, but I don't have the time or money to go to school for it at the moment. I used to think I wanted to be a veterinarian but I don't think I could do 90% of the things they do! :huskyfall:

Follow your dreams, try publishing your book! Remember J.K. Rowling wrote the Harry Potter books starting on a napkin. Anything IS possible!!! :up:

I just wonder how many people out there have their dream job! I love my job...I do....but really my dream job would be a writer. I now have a children's novel ready that I am attemoting to get published but I am not a confident person and find it hard to push it as I should (my confidence is so poor that even when the very few friends I have told about it praise it...I assume that it is just because they don't want to hurt my feeling!) And I am trying to really figure out how I can get my dream job! I don't even think I'd care if it was writing blurbs for other people who had been successful or even greetings cards!

So...I console myself with the idea that people don't really have their dream job but I am wondering if I am being defeatist! It occurred to me that I make assumptions too often and wondered....Do you have your dream job?

(Believe it or not....it has taken me about 2 weeks to pluck up the courage to do ask about this coz I didn't want to admit to people that I'd written a book!! Lol)

well done ....you should be proud of yourself ..when i left school i wanted to be a vet but wasnt clever enough with maths so it wasnt to be ..but ive always wanted to run an animal rescue ..however you need lots of money to do that ..if i won the lottery i would still do it ...and if i lived in reading i would work voluntry at the wolf conservation trust ..cos from a youg girl had a passion for the wolf..and i full filled one of my dreams last year when i went there to work with wolves ..and to stroke them ...so for my 6oth b day this year im hoping to be a wolf keeper for the day ...fingers crossed ...and good luck with your book ..keep it up

I do not have my dream job :P but I think it would be a vet Im planning for the next closest thing as an animal health technician. I wont be able to go to school until I pay off my student loan which is not looking good right now. I did go to school for fashion design and merchandising but it fell thru...bad school hidden costs all that jazz. I dont mind the job I have now I work for a very big company that does not care about their employees I just went from 15 hours a week to 12 and another girl I work with went from 25-30 hours a week to 12 hours a week. Anyways I do enjoy working in the photolab...im very creative so when I get to do that kind of stuff I always have fun :P

I hate my job. It's not what I got an education for, it's not anything I like to do, but it pays damned well, I'm pretty good at it (as my wonderful boss puts it - overqualified but doesn't want to lose me!), and I have awesome benefits, so it's hard to find something better than that.

Basically, I sacrificed my dreams for a stable income as an office drone.

I had purt-near my dream job as a groom for an international show jumper (eventing would have been better!) - I was treated very well and there were a lot of big things in my future - possibly even getting into the ring myself! But I had to choose between my husband and my work, as it's not a job, it's a lifestyle. In the end I chose my husband, and while I look back wistfully on what could have been, I have no regrets. I may not get to ride million dollar horses anymore, but at the end of the day I now desperately look forward to riding my own horses, instead of viewing it as a chore after being in the saddle all day.

I also kinda think I missed my calling as an EMT (which I was in the process of applying to school for when I got the office job) and considered going back to it about 6 months ago, but I make as good or better money now, steady office hours, weekends and every other friday off, 3 weeks vacation a year and full benefits. So it doesn't make sense to trade all of that for 6K$ or more in tuition, 2 years of education and a shiftwork job with a supremely high burnout rate. I'da been great at it though - right personality. I've had to perform emergency first aid at 2 different accident scenes - one of which involved a severely injured child. I could stay calm, cool and collected, doing what needs to be done and issuing orders to bystanders until EMS arrived.

My position as editor of a small town newspaper is my dream job.

Along with the dream come the awful nightmares (!) of weeks which are too busy, weeks which are too slow, writers block, leads that don't come in, technology that doesn't work properly, the calls which go unanswered and never enough time to do everything I'd hoped to.

But, for most purposes, I do love what I do, though it doesn't allow for much free time as I'm also reception, accounting (at times), subscriptions (part time) and customer relations. Some days it's hard to look past the parts I don't like so I can remember what I do.........but other days - hey..........it's perfect.

I remember reading this about you ages ago and instantly thinking how cool you are lol!

I've wanted two dream jobs. Writing an epic set of novels and working with wild animals be it in a zoo or filming them for tv or whatever. They are both still very far out of reach but each day I add things to my created world and I am always looking at colleges to see what is available in the field of animal study. I don't have money, barely have a job, am really messed up physically and mentally, and haven't even graduated high school and I'm turning 26 next monday lol. The only thing keeping me in positive spirits is knowing that if I bow down to the negative feelings and thoughts I constantly have that I'll never achieve what I desire with literally all my heart and soul.

To you I say this. Send out your book. My dad did when he was younger and got told it was good but needed corrections and a re-write. He never got around to it and it could've made an excellent novel. Don't let it slip away into the shadows and be forever forgotten. You never know that ONE person who buys your book once it is finally published may be inspired to write one of their own.

A good place to play with your ideas is http://www.fictionpress.com/ the people here are amazing. You have people from all walks of life and all kinds of genres leaving reviews about the good and bad of your story. Sometimes you'll get the this is great review and sometimes you'll get the constructive ones that break down each part of the story and tell you what you should improve on.

I've wanted two dream jobs. Writing an epic set of novels and working with wild animals be it in a zoo or filming them for tv or whatever. They are both still very far out of reach but each day I add things to my created world and I am always looking at colleges to see what is available in the field of animal study. I don't have money, barely have a job, am really messed up physically and mentally, and haven't even graduated high school and I'm turning 26 next monday lol. The only thing keeping me in positive spirits is knowing that if I bow down to the negative feelings and thoughts I constantly have that I'll never achieve what I desire with literally all my heart and soul.

To you I say this. Send out your book. My dad did when he was younger and got told it was good but needed corrections and a re-write. He never got around to it and it could've made an excellent novel. Don't let it slip away into the shadows and be forever forgotten. You never know that ONE person who buys your book once it is finally published may be inspired to write one of their own.

A good place to play with your ideas is http://www.fictionpress.com/ the people here are amazing. You have people from all walks of life and all kinds of genres leaving reviews about the good and bad of your story. Sometimes you'll get the this is great review and sometimes you'll get the constructive ones that break down each part of the story and tell you what you should improve on.

Thanks for that link!! I've been hopping about the net for a while lookin for somewhere useful.

And to you....happy birthday for next Monday and remember...one of my favourite sayings or chinese proverb or summat......For every dark day there is a brighter tomorrow! x

I don't have my dream job...but I'm studying to become a Zoologist. I would LOVE to study wolves, but I'm happy with any animal, really.

Good luck!! I studied Wildlife Conservation at uni...may favourite part was the behaviour side of it. Its fascinating! Wolves would really be wonderful to study. I studied Monkeys in Nigeria for my dissertation and it was absolutely amazing! I could sit and watch them for hours, learning about their social structure.

Your very welcome it's a great place. There's another place called www.fanfiction.net that is really fun to play with writing style and not have to worry about making characters necessarily. As it suggests it's a place to read fiction based on various shows, movies, anime, and what have you. Love that place it's a good thing to use to unwind and check out other's style as well without the pressure of trying to make your characters or places that believable. Or you know something smart like that lol. Thanks for the well wishes been getting all my gifts early which means I can work on my bday and get some much needed hours :)

Good luck!! I studied Wildlife Conservation at uni...may favourite part was the behaviour side of it. Its fascinating! Wolves would really be wonderful to study. I studied Monkeys in Nigeria for my dissertation and it was absolutely amazing! I could sit and watch them for hours, learning about their social structure.

Thanks! I don't have any experience yet so I can't get a job related to it this summer...but that's why I'm looking into volunteering! :)

Your very welcome it's a great place. There's another place called www.fanfiction.net that is really fun to play with writing style and not have to worry about making characters necessarily. As it suggests it's a place to read fiction based on various shows, movies, anime, and what have you. Love that place it's a good thing to use to unwind and check out other's style as well without the pressure of trying to make your characters or places that believable. Or you know something smart like that lol. Thanks for the well wishes been getting all my gifts early which means I can work on my bday and get some much needed hours :)

Yeah, fictionpress and fanfiction are both good. A lot of the stories on there look like they've been written by little kids, though, while others are truely masterpieces! They're both places to get critique, but I find that FanFiction has more reviewers on there.

Yeah, fictionpress and fanfiction are both good. A lot of the stories on there look like they've been written by little kids, though, while others are truely masterpieces! They're both places to get critique, but I find that FanFiction has more reviewers on there.

yes Fanfiction is the best place if you want alot of reviews to help you out. It's kinda fun putting your favorite characters in your world and seeing how they survive lol. Some of the stories really are written by kids though as well as people with learning disabilities and people that do not have english as a first language so it's understandable in a lot of cases why they are the way they are. It's quite fun to help out and give advice to aspiring writers though :)

hi

I hate my job. It's not what I got an education for, it's not anything I like to do, but it pays damned well, I'm pretty good at it (as my wonderful boss puts it - overqualified but doesn't want to lose me!), and I have awesome benefits, so it's hard to find something better than that.

Basically, I sacrificed my dreams for a stable income as an office drone.

I had purt-near my dream job as a groom for an international show jumper (eventing would have been better!) - I was treated very well and there were a lot of big things in my future - possibly even getting into the ring myself! But I had to choose between my husband and my work, as it's not a job, it's a lifestyle. In the end I chose my husband, and while I look back wistfully on what could have been, I have no regrets. I may not get to ride million dollar horses anymore, but at the end of the day I now desperately look forward to riding my own horses, instead of viewing it as a chore after being in the saddle all day.

I also kinda think I missed my calling as an EMT (which I was in the process of applying to school for when I got the office job) and considered going back to it about 6 months ago, but I make as good or better money now, steady office hours, weekends and every other friday off, 3 weeks vacation a year and full benefits. So it doesn't make sense to trade all of that for 6K$ or more in tuition, 2 years of education and a shiftwork job with a supremely high burnout rate. I'da been great at it though - right personality. I've had to perform emergency first aid at 2 different accident scenes - one of which involved a severely injured child. I could stay calm, cool and collected, doing what needs to be done and issuing orders to bystanders until EMS arrived.

hi ...i had my first pony an 13 ...then met a young man at 15 at the stables ...we later married and did the showjumping circuit for about 20 yrs ..i have nt any horses now ..but manage to ride my friends horses now and again ....who did you groom for ...its definatly a labour of love ..and not for the money...ps what are yous horses...

hi

hi ...i had my first pony an 13 ...then met a young man at 15 at the stables ...we later married and did the showjumping circuit for about 20 yrs ..i have nt any horses now ..but manage to ride my friends horses now and again ....who did you groom for ...its definatly a labour of love ..and not for the money...ps what are yous horses...

You just had to ask, didn't you? A subject I could talk forever on!

Her name is Lindsay Wendt - she's one of the top riders in Canada, currently ranked 13th, though she's going to be off for the next year or so to have a baby. Campiola (who is now listed under broodmares on the website) was my special mare - she was a cranky thing but we fell in love with each other. And to say that she was probably the fastest show jumping horse in the world was no joke - in fact it was Eric Lamaze who said as much when they competed against each other. When that horse was in a jump off, riders didn't even try to strategize to beat her but aimed for second!

http://www.grandviewhorses.ca/index.html

My own horses are far less impressive. My retired eventer is an appendix QH (one of those backyard bred things that turned out to be a diamond in the rough - talent like-whoa!), and my current horse is a QH who was supposed to be just a train n' sell but he was so clever and liked jumping so I kept him. If I can compete 3'6 on him I'd be happy, he's currently consistent 3'3 at home and 3' in the ring. I don't think I'll get much more than that out of him - the next horse I purchase I'll be looking for a bred and proper event horse to do some heavy competition, but my QH has a forever home because he's a safe and consistent ride for kids and beginners. While I'm taking time off for my own mat leave he'll be living with a friend of mine so she can work on her jumping.

You just had to ask, didn't you? A subject I could talk forever on!

Her name is Lindsay Wendt - she's one of the top riders in Canada, currently ranked 13th, though she's going to be off for the next year or so to have a baby. Campiola (who is now listed under broodmares on the website) was my special mare - she was a cranky thing but we fell in love with each other. And to say that she was probably the fastest show jumping horse in the world was no joke - in fact it was Eric Lamaze who said as much when they competed against each other. When that horse was in a jump off, riders didn't even try to strategize to beat her but aimed for second!

http://www.grandviewhorses.ca/index.html

My own horses are far less impressive. My retired eventer is an appendix QH (one of those backyard bred things that turned out to be a diamond in the rough - talent like-whoa!), and my current horse is a QH who was supposed to be just a train n' sell but he was so clever and liked jumping so I kept him. If I can compete 3'6 on him I'd be happy, he's currently consistent 3'3 at home and 3' in the ring. I don't think I'll get much more than that out of him - the next horse I purchase I'll be looking for a bred and proper event horse to do some heavy competition, but my QH has a forever home because he's a safe and consistent ride for kids and beginners. While I'm taking time off for my own mat leave he'll be living with a friend of mine so she can work on her jumping.

have to say the stallion carribean is wow ...hes giving that fence some daylight ...and what a hansome foal ...would like to see some pics of yours ..sometime thanx

have to say the stallion carribean is wow ...hes giving that fence some daylight ...and what a hansome foal ...would like to see some pics of yours ..sometime thanx

Isn't he just incredible? Carribean was the first foal out of her competitive breeding program and from her favourite mare. Did you see the video? He's just so elastic! Here's one under saddle that's not on the website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AUMpg0KnNc&

This is my eventer, the Mighty Lightning, from a photoshoot more than4 years after his retirement (so don't judge his lack of fitness and hay gut, LOL!). There's an entire massive photoshoot, so I won't go posting millions of pics, but you can find them here: http://proofs.sarahunderwood.com/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=10056 This guy is the love of my life - I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and...

imagec.gifimagec.gif

This be my latest little QH - Barricade (aka Champ):

298595_10150396951798156_535853155_9813379_866868577_n.jpg

post-5937-13586011228793_thumb.jpg

Isn't he just incredible? Carribean was the first foal out of her competitive breeding program and from her favourite mare. Did you see the video? He's just so elastic! Here's one under saddle that's not on the website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AUMpg0KnNc&

This is my eventer, the Mighty Lightning, from a photoshoot more than4 years after his retirement (so don't judge his lack of fitness and hay gut, LOL!). There's an entire massive photoshoot, so I won't go posting millions of pics, but you can find them here: http://proofs.sarahunderwood.com/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=10056 This guy is the love of my life - I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and...

This be my latest little QH - Barricade (aka Champ):

What stunners! You. Are very lucky! Owning a horse is still a pipedream for me...but maybe when the lotto comes in! Lol! Or when I get to be a bestseller! Haha!

What stunners! You. Are very lucky! Owning a horse is still a pipedream for me...but maybe when the lotto comes in! Lol! Or when I get to be a bestseller! Haha!

Haha, you kinda already nailed it! When people tell me how lucky I am, I usually reply with "it costs a lot to be this lucky! It's a lot of hard work too!" I do without a lot to keep just one horse right now - Mighty lives at my parents' place nearly 800km away because he's retired and I can't afford to keep two.

And in fact, a woman I work with who never dreamed at she'd ever own a horse started coming out in July. I've been teaching her how to ride on Champ, and in November she bought her very first horse! She's hooked for life!

Man, if I could get paid to do this for a living I'd be living the dream!

oh ...hes a beauty ..lu

imagec.gifimagec.gif[ATTACH=full]34087[/ATTACH]

This be my latest little QH - Barricade (aka Champ)...oh ..hes a beauty...lucky you ..im getting ready for work now ..not enough time at moment to check out oyher pics ..will do ..later on ...thanx