Why would they think this was a good idea?

lebe03

They are all childless people. . .

why. . ????

Because otherwise they would be putting their 5 year old daughter through the whole Beauty Pageant scene

instead of embarrassing their poor animals.

They are all childless people. . .

why. . ????

Because otherwise they would be putting their 5 year old daughter through the whole Beauty Pageant scene

instead of embarrassing their poor animals.

Exactly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk.

I wouldn't do it personally...the dog that started the panda look trend was actually a wonderful story so I can't say that I'm bothered or hurt or anything by it...

Overall I'm not bothered by it at all so long as the products used are safe for dog and the dog doesn't seem to mind...I'm sure there are some dogs out there that really do enjoy the extra attention and bonding time with a person and realistically aren't all that bothered by being shaved, dyed and brushed to get it...

I know the Snail looking Dog's name is Cindy, and she participates regularly (and places) in creative grooming contests, expo type things (didn't really know there was such a thing).

Will have to look for the thread about the panda dog that started it all...it really was beautiful...

Dogs won't feel 'embarrassed' by this. I'm all for standing up for the idea that animals feel emotion, but really embarrassment is a very human concept. A dog doesn't know that being orange with black stripes should make it feel ashamed for how it looks in the eyes of other dogs or people - at most it will be people that feel embarrassed for the dog.

I think it's quite creative. While I'd never dream of doing it myself (not really into the whole grooming thing! I'll stick to a quick brush), I quite enjoyed looking at those pictures. Especially the bison! Whoever thought you could get a dog to look like that! :P As Stephanie said, if the products used for dying the fur are safe I'm fine with it. If anything the dog might enjoy it; a lot of dogs enjoy getting groomed. We stick all sorts of collars, harnesses, head collars and such on them too so I've no real issue with the props either.

If it doesn't hurt the dog, I think it's fine. People go crazy grooming their dogs at dog shows, what's the difference in adding a little dye (as long as it's safe).

I was thinking of dying Siku's white on her face, legs, and tail black for Holloween to make her look like a wolf. And then dress up Elara like little red riding hood.