Hit by a woman!!!

Smiler

Thanks Jacqui!

Yep, dog owners can't always see the bigger picture, and that of course goes for us too! After every incident that I'm not happy with I look at how my dogs behaved, and how I behaved, to see how we were and whether we acted appropriately or indeed caused/increased the incident.

When I was taught to ride a motorbike I was told that any accident would be at least 50% your own fault, even if it was hit when parked. This attitude meant that I looked at everything, and took responsibility.

I apply (as much as I can, we're always learning, and the more I know the less I realise I know!) the same to my dogs - 50% of every incident is MY responsibility.

For example, in this instance, I could hear the dogs barking in the distance. I knew the sounds of the excited barking, and realised the energy was high. I should have turned and taken a different path rather than going along the path which took me around 30m from them.

50% of this incident was my fault...

I believe if we think like that we'll be better placed to avoid incidents...

Good luck on the hunt too!! Huskies rock!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic