Good thought Nix!!

Marc

Just seen something that Nix posted in the shoutbox that got me thinkin "Thats a good idea" so I thought I would post it up for others to read.

Nix has just said that on her dogs tags it has her address and states they are microchipped. Now I havent heard anyone say they have put that on there before, but its actually a very very good thing to have on there as we have seen over and over dogs who have been chipped and when they are scanned it doesnt show up for whatever reason.

To me it might just mean someone scans them a little more thoroughly than they otherwise might have done.

Kira and grey have 3 tags

one which says their name on one side, and has 2 contact numbers on the other - keyu has this one too

and one which says their name on one side, and 'im chipped, please scan me' on the other

plus a rubber vets one which says they're chipped.

Keyu only has the contact number one as shes not chipped yet, she's getting hers on tuesday i think

we NEVER put our address on the tags, as i know people who have had tags pulled off collars at events, then had people scoping out the house afterwards!

we have 2 tags on ours, one with the dogs' name, my surname, postcode and contact tel on one side & "I am microchipped" on the other, I also have the plastic chip company ID tag that was in the pack with the chip company tel number on attached to their harnesses. I seriously hope it puts off anyone thinking of pinching them

We have the little blue tag too. But yeps...definitely worth doing! Scary how often chips aren't picked up as they can shift quite a bit

That is very true. Storm was having her chip checked rountinely at the vets the other day and it took them absolutely ages (a good 10 mins) to find it as it had move position. They had to record on the computer where it was located for when the next person checks. Really worried me that it took them so long to find it.