Husky size.

Emil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can imagine. This is my first husky so I'm new to the breed and I'm just trying to get a bit more information so I can get an idea of how he fits in. Like about what age are they typically fully physically matured, if it's common for them to get a bit bigger than standard and if there's noticeable differences in "show" and "working" types. And I figured the best place that I could get some help is a husky forum =).

Yeah well done for joining up and finding out :D You will find all the information you need on here and dont feel afraid to post up any topics about anything! I know i did lol I have learnt so much from this forum when i got my boy shadow! He is nearly 16 months old now and being a typical stubborn boy lol But when i met other huskies at camp i really felt shadow was small lol!

Hi!

I've got two - one massive, one small! Harley is going to be very big for a husky, he's 15 months and around 30kg, and very long in the legs and body. Max is around 19kg and will be more of the breed average in height and weight.

I understand that there are two breeding lines, one for working dogs, and one for show, and every mixture in between. Harley appears to be working, and Max is pedigree from a show line. The huskies in the area are all different sizes too...

Best regards,

Smiler

So at 16 months is there any more growth to be expected from the dog? Yup mine is 21 months now and Stubborn might as well be his name. About how big is Shadow?

I havnt had him weighed lately he is probably somewhere between 25 - 28 kilos hes basically pretty much breed standard he came from a show line with a few champions :) Yeah stubborn is their name haha im just as stubborn to though haha Yeah he will probably grow some more though i dont know exactly how long they grow for i was told up to two years but im sure someone else can say exactly! I dont think he will get any taller now though just fill out etc etc

I havnt had him weighed lately he is probably somewhere between 25 - 28 kilos hes basically pretty much breed standard he came from a show line with a few champions :) Yeah stubborn is their name haha im just as stubborn to though haha Yeah he will probably grow some more though i dont know exactly how long they grow for i was told up to two years but im sure someone else can say exactly! I dont think he will get any taller now though just fill out etc etc

28 kg isn't too bad, better to have a leaner dog than an overweight one right? Yup stubborn inside and out, I have to convince Maxx that he wants to listen to my command otherwise if he doesn't feel like he wants to he just blatantly refuses to. Yeah the height has been bewildering for me. Maxx never seemed to go through that "all legs and ears" phase. He seems to be stuck in what seems to be what I call his "Eeuyore phase" all stout and squat lol.

Shadow had the lanky big ear stage lol! Was funny! Hes filling out now though so looks great :D Shadow isnt to tall though if he was tall hed look thinner. I used to have another boy who is 5 now he is very tall but looks quite thin but he weighed about 28 when i had him he couldve done with putting on a bit more weight but not loads

Shadow had the lanky big ear stage lol! Was funny! Hes filling out now though so looks great :D Shadow isnt to tall though if he was tall hed look thinner. I used to have another boy who is 5 now he is very tall but looks quite thin but he weighed about 28 when i had him he couldve done with putting on a bit more weight but not loads

:lolman: I'm still optimistically waiting for Maxx to get into his lanky stage, which at this point I'm sure won't happen. But he's always been a pretty substantial and solidly built dog, last time he was weight 5 months ago he weighted about 30 kgs I think and he seems to have gotten even more solid since, so I'm just wondering what happened to the famous lanky phase huskies go through?!?!:(

Blaze is 3 years 2 months aswell (Aleus brother) and he is 23inches tall and 26kgs

Skyla will be 2 years next week and she is 24inches tall and 27kgs - she a big girl - much bigger then breed standard for a female

Yeah that is big, she's the size of a big male by breed standard, wow 0.0!!

Oh my god - are mine porkers? :eek: Skye is 26kgs (3yrs) - teeny tiny - Shadow is 34 kgs middle boy (11 months) Storm is (2yrs) 39 KGs probaby most of that is his head.....but even so....they don't look like porkers maybe the boys swallowed a brick or two????:jawdrop:

So how tall are they? And wow 34 and 39 kgs...that's malamute heavy are they in in lean working condition?