Parents giving kids stupid names...

Elyse

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always disliked my first name, even though I was named after my grandfather. Francis.

Nooo I like the name francis. I always think a Francis will be kind and a little bit debonaire!

I don't mind the oddd names as much as the stupid spellings! People keep replacing 'y' with 'ie' just to make their child's name different. Oh and I now know at least 4 ways to spell abigail!

I think someone very close to me would have preferred a silly modern name than an old fashioned one. *cough* Augustine *cough*

I have 2 kids with very boring names but they have stories attached, I still wish they were Storm (kudos to your parents Storm!) or Reagan or Raine though. :P

Andrew was named after his father, BUT I was so against it as his grandfather had a son called Andrew Samuel Robertson. He then divorced, remarried, had another son, and called him THE EXACT SAME. Sick. And now my son grudgingly carries on the same weird tradition.

My daughter is called Katie as we misheard the midwife who said she looked like a Cutie!

When I was pregnant I really liked the name Juno too, we only used it for the dog as I knew 2 kids were enough!

my mum wanted to call my younger brother detlef!!!!! after a german movie actor.......thankfully my dad said no and he was instead called gary michael....... after the two ambulance men who took her to hospital after delivering gary at home!!!

my lil bro is called erik gary andrew.....the eric but with a k is my mums father who passed away while my mum was pregnant and gary and andrew after my my bro and dad.....

i was supposed to be called victoria.......but then i came out and my mum said kellymarie!!!!!

I'm curious where it came from though! Why did your parents choose that as a name?

My dad read a book i cant remember what it was called now and there was a women called Storm in that and he liked it but my mum didnt like it and wanted to call me my middle name which is Alice... but when i was born there was a Storm :D lol

• 2 weeks later...

I was just walking the dogs tonight and I saw a name that I believe fits this post. In this part of Holland it is common to announce in the front garden that either a boy or girl has been born and display their name as well. Now this is a boy and the parents have given in the wonderful name of: KICK ......

I do feel sorry when the kid grows up...

I was just walking the dogs tonight and I saw a name that I believe fits this post. In this part of Holland it is common to announce in the front garden that either a boy or girl has been born and display their name as well. Now this is a boy and the parents have given in the wonderful name of: KICK ......

I do feel sorry when the kid grows up...

They're gonna end up with the word "me" written after their name everywhere. Extra points to the parents if those are the remaining initials! Or if the kid has a sense of humor maybe they'll grow up to be a Medical Examiner!

Why? Why do parents these days insist on giving STUPID names? I don't mean unique...I mean STUPID.

My cousin just had a kid....2 months ago, I think. She named him Talon. Talon. REALLY? After all the suggestions of unique and great names I gave her, she named him TALON? I'm tempted to call him Eagle from now on...

*facepalm*

Oh, I got one for you. Many years ago my mother worked at a hospital and a patient came in with first name SYPHILUS. Pronounced SAI-phyllis. :eek: