Seems like i will be "jobless" as of next week

RIOTcore

Even know I asked about possibly staying on once the work experience is finished, i don't think i've got the job, my friend attended a work experience interview at the same place today and she said that the manager told her that one of us out of the four is staying on, I've gone onto fb now and just saw on the other nic's pro who's there her status on monday says "officially starts my job on monday" and she's added home bargains to her work place....meh it would have been nice to have been told that we where or were not staying on :/

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow they could have told u - unless shes jumping the gun ? :( sorry if shes not tho :( but u have experience now so will b even easier for you to get employed again

yeah would of been nice to have been told wouldn't it, mum said they seem ignorant for not letting us know, true that I have the experience now but meh i made friends there which is something i find hard to do most of the time, ah well the search continues i guess xD and to make things worse I'm still waiting for chinook's owner to let me know when I can have her too, when I saw her on sunday she said she'll be ready this week but still aint heard anything ugh frustrating times atm

If they don't keep you on at least ask them for a "Glowing" reference to help you get a job somewhere else. :up:

Even know I asked about possibly staying on once the work experience is finished, i don't think i've got the job, my friend attended a work experience interview at the same place today and she said that the manager told her that one of us out of the four is staying on, I've gone onto fb now and just saw on the other nic's pro who's there her status on monday says "officially starts my job on monday" and she's added home bargains to her work place....meh it would have been nice to have been told that we where or were not staying on :/

so bad to find out that way if that really is the case. Sorry :( I believe that things always happen for a reason and that this is just a door to another opportunity even though at the time it doesn't seem that way ... Good Luck I hope something comes along soon but try not to dwell on it too much - onwards and upwards....:D

Same thing happened with me, apart from I was the only one doing it and one manager told me I definitely had the job, the other one told me there wasn't any available positions when I was ending my work experience. Great thing is, you now have the experience to take with you and you have advantages over the people who have never done any. Keep your head up :)

Same thing happened with me, apart from I was the only one doing it and one manager told me I definitely had the job, the other one told me there wasn't any available positions when I was ending my work experience. Great thing is, you now have the experience to take with you and you have advantages over the people who have never done any. Keep your head up :)

Damn right - go girl!

Best thing you can do is thank them very much for the work experience & say that you've learnt a lot while you've been there. Then when they think you're as nice as cherry pie ask them if they wouldn't mind writing you a short reference to help you gain future employment.

Whatever you do, do not appear bitter that you didnt get the place. Xx

Best thing you can do is thank them very much for the work experience & say that you've learnt a lot while you've been there. Then when they think you're as nice as cherry pie ask them if they wouldn't mind writing you a short reference to help you gain future employment.

Whatever you do, do not appear bitter that you didnt get the place. Xx

I don't see the point in goin in now, i'm in tomorrow and sunday but honestly i feel like just ringing up sick, mum said i should just go in. idk though just feel like i've worked my bum of for nothin now, i mean sure i'll gain experience but it might be a while till i'm back in work again as its hard to find jobs atm

I know you don't want to go in, and lemme tell you I don't blame you, but I would go. It will show your future employer that you will finish what you started and have respect for your current employer. It's a very important thing not to abandon it even when you know your not going to stay. It speaks volumes to prospective future employers and reflects a lot of your personality as well. Kind of being the better person of sorts. :grouphug:

I know you don't want to go in, and lemme tell you I don't blame you, but I would go. It will show your future employer that you will finish what you started and have respect for your current employer. It's a very important thing not to abandon it even when you know your not going to stay. It speaks volumes to prospective future employers and reflects a lot of your personality as well. Kind of being the better person of sorts. :grouphug:

Nic, I have to agree with Tiffany. *IF* they did tell the other person the had a job - er, your job - and didn't tell you that when the work experience was finished then they're definitely the pits! However, don't think that she's necessarily right, she may have just shot herself in the foot by announcing it before she started, and she may not have had the job to begin with. Don't "cut off your nose to spite your face" finish as an honorable person and let them be the boors!

And I'd feel exactly the same way ...

And I agree with both Tiffany and Al, and think about this as well you go for another job and they request a reference from you work experience and they get to hear that you did not turn up for the last 2 working days, even if you called in sick. Does not look good....IMO