Worrying about my dog eating less

Benjiro

Me and my family are just anxious for Benjiro started eating less, normally he would eat thrice a day.. And then he's suddenly not interested in eating anymore.. We noticed this about a week ago when Benjiro turned 7 months. I am aware that huskies tend to eat small amounts of food (is it true?). If I'm not mistaken he would just eat once a day only. Another factor we're considering is we brought home a new Husky pup, could it be a reason? Or there is nothing to worry about?

Also, we noticed a small bump on his back and it is due to the non-dispersion of his vaccine, to which his vet. already give a medicine for.

Me and my family are just anxious for Benjiro started eating less, normally he would eat thrice a day.. And then he's suddenly not interested in eating anymore.. We noticed this about a week ago when Benjiro turned 7 months. I am aware that huskies tend to eat small amounts of food (is it true?). If I'm not mistaken he would just eat once a day only. Another factor we're considering is we brought home a new Husky pup, could it be a reason? Or there is nothing to worry about?

Also, we noticed a small bump on his back and it is due to the non-dispersion of his vaccine, to which his vet. already give a medicine for.

hindi ko alam exactly when my lot stopped eating so frequently from pup stages pero I am pretty sure they were not eating three times a day at 7 months.

It may well be that Benjiro because of his age and the heat there he simply doesn't need as much food in so many sittings.

Are there any other signs of illness to cause you to worry? Soft stools, lack of energy, change in behaviour etc,.

In relation to bringing home another pup depending on how you have changed your attention towards him this could have an impact on his behaviour, have you noticed a behavioural change?

Did the vet who checked him out when they noted his vaccine hadn't dispersed think there was anything to worry about?

hindi ko alam exactly when my lot stopped eating so frequently from pup stages pero I am pretty sure they were not eating three times a day at 7 months.

It may well be that Benjiro because of his age and the heat there he simply doesn't need as much food in so many sittings.

Are there any other signs of illness to cause you to worry? Soft stools, lack of energy, change in behaviour etc,.

In relation to bringing home another pup depending on how you have changed your attention towards him this could have an impact on his behaviour, have you noticed a behavioural change?

Did the vet who checked him out when they noted his vaccine hadn't dispersed think there was anything to worry about?

When out of crate he's pretty normal, the same energetic him. But when he's inside, he's all lonely, seems like he's got no energy to even move. We use to think it's just one of his tactics to get our attention, because he would really be successful we're all be there beside him just staring at him, touching him and everything.

I find they tend to go thru phases. Marius is in a barely eat phase atm :P When he gets ALOT of exercise he will come home and eat right away tho. Marius is also 7 months If they arent acting sick I wouldnt worry about it. There was a couple times where he got bored of his food so we just switched to a different flavor of the same brand and he was eating more. We just switched flavors again and he was intrested for the first week but now hes back to barley eating. Its pretty normal

Our boy also suddenly stopped eating so much... but that happened after he was 1 yr old.

If you are really worried about this, I would definitely do a stool sample as worms can affect his appetite, just to be sure. Maybe a blood test as well, but as long as he is acting normally, I wouldn't worry too much.

At around 7 months of age or a little older, they've reached the majority of their height, and don't need as much food to fuel the upward growth - so they cut themselves back. They often don't eat as much when it's hot out. Keep an eye on him, and see how he does...

Our boy also suddenly stopped eating so much... but that happened after he was 1 yr old.

If you are really worried about this, I would definitely do a stool sample as worms can affect his appetite, just to be sure. Maybe a blood test as well, but as long as he is acting normally, I wouldn't worry too much.

I forgot to indicate that he just had his second phase of deworming.. could it be related?

I forgot to indicate that he just had his second phase of deworming.. could it be related?

Well, I know that the deworming pills can definitely make a dog feel bad. Ours always gets diarrhea and lack of appetite from them, but it only lasts for a couple of days.

I am not sure though that the side effects could last longer than a few days.

When out of crate he's pretty normal, the same energetic him. But when he's inside, he's all lonely, seems like he's got no energy to even move. We use to think it's just one of his tactics to get our attention, because he would really be successful we're all be there beside him just staring at him, touching him and everything.

it seems to me you are observing and reading him quite well. If it truly reaches a stage where you are worried seek the advice of your vet - being so close to him you'll know when to worry - from what you've described and explained at this stage Iwould not be overly concerned. There has been some sound advice given so far.... but if it carries on you know what to do....Keep us posted...;)