Do you believe in typical gender roles?

Sarah

As the title suggest really lol

Is the man in the house "the man"?

Does the woman do all the cleaning?

In my house I wear the pants LOL We share cooking and cleaning etc he irons his things i iron mine, things work pretty well in that respect

I don't believe in them 100% but I think there's a certain element that still holds true today, eg i would paint and decorate but building anything or general DIY i leave to my OH or better yet my dad lol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As the title suggest really lol

In my house I wear the pants LOL

In your dreams LMAO

I agree its a hell of a lot easier doing things between each other though. No arguments needed, if somethin needs doin we both tend to just do it. Makes for a simple life really.

I do however still get the stereotypical "Marc my computers broke can you fix it", "Marc why wont the TV work", "Marc you need to fix that fill in the blank here" LOL

Doooo I????? well!...........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx6GzUEXW10QRsZoWq7sCmQKAsO3NWjWwybVixpPPssPoLmOd_8pKmoTz0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq8-Ej_GpJS6YJfMyTkXq_pP-T4YlLQ8zf_ntOBywASl_4-1WcLaNYjBRC

thesexistlegendwhofailedhisexamforputtingthisanswer-2538-5331-bypass-facebook-fan-pages.jpg

Sexism.png

27518_134024229947287_3141_n.jpg

But in all seriousness (well done ladies if you go this far :P ) but i think comparimise is the best solution, share the jobs, share the stress etc etc :)

though some jobs are worth more points than others, e.g scrubbing the toilet / bathroom is worth more points than cooking, since cooking can be enjoyable, where as scrubbing the toilet.......you'd have to be some kind of freak to enjoy that :P

post-5099-13586004987728_thumb.png

I would rather share the responsibilities and that was the deal.... but it didn't really end up that way :duh: Not to mention household responsibilities, I also work full time and I am Echo's primary caretaker. But he gets to fix everything that needs fixin' .. guess it makes him feel more like a man than doing dishes! :lolman:

I don't believe in all that 'man goes to work and woman do the house duties and raise kids' crap

But it does run like that here though! Jamie goes out to work and I do the house duties and look after the boys. It's not that bad as Jamie does work all the hours of the day and night so I don't mind doing my bit

For a very long time my mother used to work while my dad did all the housework, cleaning, cooking and caring for me a little child :D After some time they decided to swap so now it's my dad working (but still occasionally cooking) and my mother doing the rest. We definitely don't follow the 'typical gender roles'.

we share, i hate doing the dishes, so he does them and cleans the kitchen, i do the livingroom. I do the bathroom, he does our bedroom.

he does work more than me though, but i am the main carer for the dogs :)

We sort of share but...to be fair....i do most. He has to be gently bullied into any housework and he sucks at DIY so thats my job too. He does everything with the cars tho. He likes it haha!

I keep telling him I want to quit my job and be a housewife....then I would do all the cleaning and cooking...would even cook steak! Anything to stop going to work ha! But, alas, we can not afford it :-(

I go out to work (only a couple of hours a week) and Tony does most of the housework. Tony picks colour schemes and accessories, i do the decorating, painting, wallpapering ect.....

Saying that he does DIY and 'Man' stuff too. He is also a better cook than me with most things although I do make a mean fry up !!

For years, my husband did all of the shopping, and a lot of the housework - I worked longer hours than he did, and for a quite a while even earned a lot more, but now our roles have changed :rolleyes: The only thing I don't do for him now, is his ironing. He mows the lawn and puts the bins out.

When I think of it, I went from being financially independent, with no gender determined role, to being what my grandmother always wanted me to be - the good wife, looking after my husband :eek: She always lectured me about the evils of my independence. Full circle ........ Oi.