Do you believe in typical gender roles?

Sarah

In our household I do the majority of house stuff, ie cooking cleaning etc. All whats seen as womanly duties lol. But we arrange it this way mainly because I only work part time, and Kel works unsociable hours on some shifts so it makes sense for me to do it. If he is off and the such, he will help out. As with DIY, I tend to do more of it as I was brought up on the building site as my father was a builder, and Kel aint as good really doing stuff like that. But anything to do with the car, he fixes. That doesnt mean to say I dont help him doing that stuff also as I was also brought up being taught how to do it. My parents brought me up the old fashioned role way, but also to be able to do anything else so that way you dont have to rely on anyone else to do it for you. Also as a big bonus, you know when tradesmen are trying to con you into getting work done you dont need as I have seen all too often in garages before. The only thng I refuse to do is put the bins out :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In our house we generally share the roles. Robyn tends to do more cooking than me, but she enjoys experimenting and cooking new things. She's more creative with food than me.

Most people would assume that from my build compared to Robyn that I'm the "man of the house" but I'm a cowardly dog when it comes to making decisions lol. Robyns word is the final word lol.

Stacey xxx

i do 90% of the cooking..prob only 40% of the house cleaning.

i dont deal with the clothes washing.. and i dont do anything in the garden..unless its in the girls kennel..

she decides what DIY needs doin or just what she fancies changing and i end up doing it 90% of the time including ripping the bathroom out and putting shower etc in .. the 10% wife does is standing there being a blooming supervisor.

everything to do with the motors repairs etc including cleaning..checking oil / tyres etc etc.. and prob 95% of the driving.

we iron our own clothes.

rubbish duties are prob a 50/50 thing.

Jeez - I seem to do almost everything in my house, but then my OH says exactly the same! I suppose that's because we never see each other do anything, when I walk in from work she's walking out and vice versa!

I do however end up with most of the cooking duties as OH works afternoons/ evenings!