Is 3 any different to 2?

Val (Zebedee)

Yes - definately for me..... I had a calm household two inteacting with each other, same parents different litters. Then I decided god that's easy - lets get another again same parents different litter.

This meant that two singly minded calm pups with a third member became a pack..... the pack mentality set in.

Prey drive which occassionally raised its' head was prevalent all the time - there was continual vying for top dog position - me still maintaining pack lead.... the alpha female Skye and my youngest Shadow even now continually battle for pole position. My middle boy Storm physically drags little 'un by the leg away from Skye or he leaves the room - he does not like confrontation at all. Feeding is fine. vets stuff fine but dog walking. Now that is a lot harder. Pack mentality says if one goes they all go and generally so do you.... I never had this when I had two - I find it much much harder having three than two and two much easier than having one. Two I would say is ideal....

I hope I don't put anyone off if they're of a mind to have three - this is just my experience....

For us 3 huskies is like having 3 children. Its always 2 against 1. I don't find it more work, but there are more squabbles between the girls. They are NOT overly fond of each other. I wonder if it would be the same if we had 2 males instead of 2 females. Honestly its much easier to walk 2 dogs than three when they are excited, but I don't regret it. I'm guessing it comes down to personality of the individuals.

Its not much different its just cost a bit more but it depends on ur food how much more you will use. I walk 3 at a time never had a problem with it but 4 better then u can take 2 each lol. Vet bills go up but only jabs which if u get a jab for life u don't notice really

No negaticve issues for me at all. In fact it makes things easier in a playing kind of way. As sometimes only 1 of the 2 wanted to play, so it meant annoying the other. But now having the 3, there is always one of them willing to play with another while one takes a rest if wanted lol. Although last night they were doing the ahh huummm conga line in a row if you get my drift lol

I think that it comes down a lot to personality - and two males and one female is often easier than two girls and one boy! That said, my first three were all female, but the third addition was the daughter of my first Siberian, and I think that the fact that she was born into the pack was quite helpful - Mama trained her right from the start!

One plus nobody else has mentioned is that having three makes it easier to take just one someplace, and leave two at home - with just two, it's really hard to leave one lonely husky home all by him/herself!