Latest on our Big D

Val (Zebedee)

You may recall we have been doing a little research about our rescue boy, Diesel. We had been told we were his 4th home (and last!), that he had come from USA to West Wales, moved to Anglesey for over 4 yrs then to Bangor for 4 months which is where he was when we went for him.

I have been doing more digging! :redface1: I wanted to know his D.O.B for personal reasons. I made a few calls & I managed to discover he was micro-chipped in Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK. We asked the vet to pass our details to the person they had as his registered owner & see if they would contact us .......... they did!!

It is a lady who still lives in Leeds, she said she had Diesel for the first 2 yrs of his life. She had to give him up as her relationship broke down. The breeder took him back. We don't know if this is how he ended up on Anglesey though. She did say she would dig out some growing up photos of him, being a few years ago, they were not on her PC so she would upload some for us & send them on; we're still waiting for those but it was only a few days ago. She did tell us where she got him from though .... a breeder in Wrexham! She gave us the breeder's name & website.

We got the details & looked up the website - this breeder runs & shows her dogs & all are KC registered with 5 yr gen papers. She has mals & huskies, but has never crossed them so either breed from her is pure bred. With this being 8 yrs ago, she is going to check her paperwork from back in 2003 & let us know what she can find - hopefully with her owning the parents we can find out his background & maybe a puppy pic or 2 from the breeder!!

Really excited!! We keep checking our emails just in case!!! :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing Val. Hope you get the puppy pics of the Big D.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk.

wow how great! So does that mean that he must be a mally then?

No - he is actually 100% husky!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: The breeder called this evening & spoke with Grumpy. His Mum was a red husky called Cherokee & when she was about 5yr old, moved to New Zealand to race; she recently died. His Dad is called Caspar and he is a pure white husky, but is a BIG LAD!!!!!!!!! So that's where D gets his size from! Caspar still lives in Cheshire somewhere so it is possible we could arrange for D to meet his Dad! He is KC registered. The breeder (I won't name her, I've not asked permission) confirmed Diesel's date of birth as 13 June 2003, so we finally know his true age!! He has been passed around though, bless him.

The latest home count is: Breeder (Wrexham), 1st home (Leeds), back to breeder, 2nd home (Machynlleth, Wales), 3rd home (Holyhead, Anglesey), 4th home (Bangor, Wales) & 5th home, us!!

She is going to dig out as much info as possible & give us all she has on him. It's a mixture of happy that we know his background now but sad that he has been around so much - but he is here to stay!!!

No - he is actually 100% husky!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: The breeder called this evening & spoke with Grumpy. His Mum was a red husky called Cherokee & when she was about 5yr old, moved to New Zealand to race; she recently died. His Dad is called Caspar and he is a pure white husky, but is a BIG LAD!!!!!!!!! So that's where D gets his size from! Caspar still lives in Cheshire somewhere so it is possible we could arrange for D to meet his Dad! He is KC registered. The breeder (I won't name her, I've not asked permission) confirmed Diesel's date of birth as 13 June 2003, so we finally know his true age!! He has been passed around though, bless him.

The latest home count is: Breeder (Wrexham), 1st home (Leeds), back to breeder, 2nd home (Machynlleth, Wales), 3rd home (Holyhead, Anglesey), 4th home (Bangor, Wales) & 5th home, us!!

She is going to dig out as much info as possible & give us all she has on him. It's a mixture of happy that we know his background now but sad that he has been around so much - but he is here to stay!!!

has she got pics??