Name change

Val (Zebedee)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel was originally Diamond, for the white diamond shaped patch of hair on his head. The patch of hair is gone and so is the name. Diamond, to me, is a girls name and he responded to Diesel right away. :)

:wow2: my boy was named "diamond" for the very same reason.. And yep tbh I think Diamond is a girl's name LOL but he's very responsive to the name (and plus it fits him) so I keep it. However, I give him a nickname: Dime. You know... Just to lessen the amounts of people who mistaken him as a female x) now Diamond responses to three names: Diamond, Dime, and Dimey---which is a nickname that my mom made for him :P oh and he used to be called "Baby Dime" too, but he has gotten soooo big I never call him that way again :P

Ollie was Kashi/Pasha. We renamed him after Oliver Twist as he was always "please sir can I have some more". He now answers to Ollie, Ollie Wally and Doodle Bugs, however he doesn't respond to his old names, but then that could be husky deafness. He also responds to "what's this" as he knows that involves a treat.

Bo was Captain Barbossa and my kids said they absolutely refused to call him this so we shortened it to Bosa to begin with and then to Bo.

Ice we called from the day we got him. Hollie was the same. Gus we keep his name when we got him at 14 months but we call him alguster from matilda as he is the greedy dog always wanting things. Jasper was 11 months when we got him off here he was called doofus well my baby was not getting called tht his microchip had jasper on we was going to call him blizzard but I kept calling him jasper so the name stayed plus its jasper the friendly ghost pmsl. Spirit was called sky that name didn't suit her what so ever we went through a few names but then we through a name to go with tia for when we show her so we through spirit of tia so called her spirit but I think her name should be demon as she is a bloody demon so I call her spirit demon dog

:wow2: my boy was named "diamond" for the very same reason.. And yep tbh I think Diamond is a girl's name LOL but he's very responsive to the name (and plus it fits him) so I keep it. However, I give him a nickname: Dime. You know... Just to lessen the amounts of people who mistaken him as a female x) now Diamond responses to three names: Diamond, Dime, and Dimey---which is a nickname that my mom made for him :P oh and he used to be called "Baby Dime" too, but he has gotten soooo big I never call him that way again :P

Too funny....I knew there was a male Diamond on the forum :) HE's very handsome !

Going back many, many years:

Lady - named her as the pound didn't have a name for her.

Blondie - a friend named her for me.

Kalah - (hindi for black) named her, she responded to NOTHING!

Misty - previous owners name

Avalanche - pound name that fits - he gets wound up and it's like trying to stop an avalanche!

next ... ???

I never changed my gently pre-owned dogs names. But I wouldn't hesitate to if I was so inclined.

I love that "gently pre-owned" Nice one Phil. We missed you, by the way.

Back to topic though,

Ryn's was formerly known as Willow from birth to age eight weeks. Pretty name, but I think Omryn fits her better. She didn't care what I called her as long as is wasn't "bad girl" LOL

Going back many, many years:

Lady - named her as the pound didn't have a name for her.

Blondie - a friend named her for me.

Kalah - (hindi for black) named her, she responded to NOTHING!

Misty - previous owners name

Avalanche - pound name that fits - he gets wound up and it's like trying to stop an avalanche!

next ... ???

What's this? Is it just me or do you have another addition to your pack? Have never heard of Avalanche before! :P oohhh you have to post pics...