Two huskies not the same as two dogs

Franklin Phil

An obderivation I have made:

When I first got Adak we already had Lady the golden retriever. The two loved each other immediately and played together every day. Adak was 5 months old when he arrived. Fast forward to 2+ years later. Mokoto comes to the pack. Adak is now nearing 3 years old and Koto is 8 days younger than Adak. All three dogs love each other. But there were distinct changes in Adak when Koto arrived. Most of you have probably seen the videos of my dogs daily singing routine by now. This did not exist before the second husky came on board. The two huskies will howl every day for about 2 minutes.

The other behavior change in Adak is that he has cranked the volume knob up on his aggresive husky play to eleven. This also occurs every day. The huskies will go tearing through the house at 50 mph with little regard for valuable antiques. Adak used to play hard with lady (and she's no slouch), but there is no doubt that the play has gotten faster and more dangerous (if you are a 50 year old vase balanced high on a shelf)

Like I said, lady is a high energy dog and always offered Adak all the play he wanted. But since Mokoto has arrived it seems like Lady can just sit back and watch the damage unfold. Of course I'm kidding about any real damage. But it's always a possibility.

Mine don't play in the house. Not sure why - I've never discouraged it. Probably because Wyatt rarely initiates, and Scout wants to spend his house time with people, so the house has become a place for quiet while outside is for chaos. If you were walking down the street and heard my dogs playing, you would think someone was burning Wyatt alive, because he just runs away and screams. He's like the kid who wants to play water fights but gets mad when you spray them "I'm not allowed to get wet! Stop iiiiiit!"

Besides Ryn, we have a nine year old lab/rottie cross. The two of them tear up the house like they are a pack of THREE huskies! They play pretty rough, steal toys from one another, do husky hot laps from the kitchen to the couch (bouncing off) and back again. And they often include the cat in their antics (and she LOVES it!)

Funny thing is, when Ryn goes to play with other huskies, (aside from her BFF Bella Sid&BellaNTX ) she is pretty mild mannered. It's quite amusing, yet frustrating for me when she's provided with that opportunity and passes it up.

Call me strange, but there's nothing quite so beautiful as a couple of huskies playing as only huskies can! (inside or outside - makes no difference to me. If they break something, I just remind myself that I enjoyed it for a long time and now that time is over. LOL)

Kiana doesn't play with other huskies or mals :( She's a huge fan of pitties and rots and god help the universe when she finds a dane that wants to party lol. Her and Diesel tear up the house all hours of the day and they play rougher than most dogs at the park I've seen. I'd love it if she ever found another husky she'd actually want to spend time with lol.

I love having two huskies :yahoo:

My husband and I can sit and watch them play/fight/wrestle for hours. The energy is just unbelievable to watch - it is like someone flicks a switch and they go from calm to manic in a second - it is AWESOME.

Why, oh why did I get huskies so late in my life :( I wish I had met a husky when I was younger - all those wasted years :(

Besides Ryn, we have a nine year old lab/rottie cross. The two of them tear up the house like they are a pack of THREE huskies! They play pretty rough, steal toys from one another, do husky hot laps from the kitchen to the couch (bouncing off) and back again. And they often include the cat in their antics (and she LOVES it!)

Funny thing is, when Ryn goes to play with other huskies, (aside from her BFF Bella Sid&BellaNTX ) she is pretty mild mannered. It's quite amusing, yet frustrating for me when she's provided with that opportunity and passes it up.

Call me strange, but there's nothing quite so beautiful as a couple of huskies playing as only huskies can! (inside or outside - makes no difference to me. If they break something, I just remind myself that I enjoyed it for a long time and now that time is over. LOL)

Yeah, I wish my two were the age they are now when we met up with you and Gigi; Orion would give them all a run for their money. He's turned into the little spitfire, butt hackles and all! :D

omg I agree with you! Now Diamond is the only four-legged creature in the house, but there's this family who owns a gray/white male that often go for a morning walk with me (and Dime). The Diamond I know is always calm around dogs he doesn't know really well, but once he saw another husky he acts as if he knows the dog for years. The two huskies wrestle as if they have known each other before, and all I can say is that I am glad they were on leash and not in my house! LOL

Wow this kind of makes me happy that I have a mixed pack of different breeds haha. Kuma plays hard with Koopa my pit bull and Koopa plays just as hard. Both my boys know to play nice with little Tenchi the pekingese thankfully.

:wow2: send your big boys down here so that they can teach Diamond how to play nice :S: Diamond loves to wrestle with dogs that are as big as him and (try to) knock down dogs that are bigger than him. With small dogs, he'd be more than glad to play smack down with them -.-