Door dashing solution?

BMac91

My sibes have gotten older and very fast (obviously lol) and while it isn't a problem for my wife and I, but it seems nobody else knows how to not let a dog run out the door when it's opened. So my question is what are good ways of teaching that when the door is open isn't an invitation to run, but only when they have a leash on?

With neptune I have always teach him to sit at the door before I walk out. Just practice with sit and stay with them and let them learn that they cannot go out the door until you go out and invite them. It will be a hard process in trying to train them with this issue, but if you and your wife are consistent it will work wonders!!

Sn: train with their favorite treats they will listen better

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

i agree you should make him sit before you open the door and if this does not work i am teaching my sibe the stop command. it a command for door dashing you have your dog on a leash(a long leash) and have the door open, then when your dog starts to pull twared the door say stop!!!(LOUDLY)and pull back so they spin to face you then praise and do it again:)