Dog House

yaroni

So casper was good at home for about for a while but this week he dig a huge hole in my leather couch. :mad:

IMG-20111210-00007.jpg

I tried to show him that i was mad and that making a mess was BAD so i put the foam back in the hole but he didnt learn. For three days every time i came home there was the same mess.

So i put him in the balcony for the past couple of days, but i was feeling guilty because it can be cold.

Now that the weekend is here i want to build/buy him a dog house. Or even better convert his crate (plastic) which he never uses anymore into a dog house with a heated pad and door, as well as enclosing an area witch nylon and some studs to prevent rain and snow coming in.

IMG-20111210-00008.jpg

I know you guys think that a balcony is dangerous but when i moved in i out his head over to show him whats on the other side, its safe to say he'll never jump over.

my real question is if a heated pad and an enclosed area is sufficient or should i just buys a dog house. Should i insulate etc...

thanks for any help, heres a pic of the little monster

IMG-20111210-00009.jpg

I don't know much about making dog houses, Roxy is never outside long enough to need one, i'm sure someone will be able to help you with that :)

I know you said you showed him what is over the balcony, but please be careful! All it would take is a bird flying past or something on the ground get his attention and he could forget about the fall and easily jump. Is there nowhere inside that you could put him when he's being a pest? Maybe put a gate across a door and put him there out the way?

Unless you're going to put a wire mesh over your balcony then I wouldn't leave him out there. All it would take is for a cat or bird to kick his prey drive in & he's in trouble. I know you say you've shown him but when the red mist decends I've seen dogs run straight out into traffic, they just don't think about anything else!

Best thing you can do is crate train him. That way, when you leave, he's happy in his "den" and you don't have to worry about balconies or damage to your furniture.

Good luck, its well worth the effort!!xx