He's gone for all 3 of them :(

Sid_Wolf

Well Dodge (the staffy x, OH decided we were keeping his name) came home tonight, and he is perfect! Except...

He is completely agressive to all 3 of of ours :( we expected some issues from Grey, but grey has been perfect, but Dodge has gone for all of them, even the girlies :(

He is currently in prison (the crate), just so we can relax, Grey has a scratch on his muzzle because of him (not bad, not broke the skin) and he's only been here an hour and a half. We havent risked letting him off the lead yet because we dont want the others to get hurt

I dont know what to do :( He is perfect in every way otherwise, he is fantastic on lead, and very loving, works really well for treats. He has lived with other dogs before and is supposedly fine with all dogs

Can I sort this out? Im worried that even if we do get him to accept them, that he will turn again when Keyu comes into season (he still has his balls)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you not maybe put a muzzle on him for a while till he settles in a bit and has a good sniff of them all and worked them out a bit? Then take it off?

Or introduce them all slowly and separately so he's not a bit overwhelmed.

Sorry, dont mean that to sound patronising, I'm sure you've tried that already lol just can't think of anything else to suggest :(

oh hum, ummmm. Well firstly its a bit dodgy having an intact male and an intact female in the same house, been there got the tshirt so to speak.

most people may tell you to let them sort it out as its pack order I think. but I couldnt do that tbh.

grey is stronger but dodge has strong jaws, so they would both get hurt if we left them to it, if we let him attack the girls they would end up really hurt :( he isnt messing he is serious, and they arent doing anything except being around :(

he was introduced to them all seperately, done exactly the same with each one of them

He's an inact male Staffy (yes, i'm going to bring the breed into it) coming into a house of an already established pack with an entire female.) I'm not surprised things are a little rough. I'd be wary about keeping him muzzled like that- while it certainly is safer I would only have him out with the muzzle when you're really watching them- not just allowing him free roam with the muzzle on.

I'd also keep the interactions short at this point. Put him away even if he's being good after 5-10 minutes and then bring him back out a little later. You want as many positive interactions as possible. Always give a nice reward and remove him happily to the other room w/ the crate. I wouldn't keep him crated in one room with all of them loose in there unless you're specifically working with him being good in the crate with them around. You can work him safely like that in the crate with marking and rewarding just looking at them through the crate w/ no muzzle.

he has a new name :) diesel

Well this morning started out much the same as last night, with D going for all of ours at every oppertunity, OH even text his mate saying he might need to take him back.

So i walked him up to pets at home to get him a muzzle, and on the way we met 2 small dogs who he greeted fine, so i thought maybe his issues were with bigger dogs.

I had him offlead and muzzled when we got home, and after some inital attempts he settled down and even allowed the others to come up and sniff him!

Then we went for a wallk with James & kita (big girl!) And he greeted her fine on the lead so we allowed them off and they spent the whole walk playing :D he has great recall too!

We've been home 3.5hrs and he is loose with no muzzle! One small incident started by grey growling, but i avoided a fight with treats :D

So day 2 and things are much better, i can really see this working now :)

well no issues last night, he slept in our room with the others. he slept on my side of the bed and the guys kept their usual spots on the floor, woke up to all 4 of them on the bed!

he becoming more relaxed around them, as i type this keyu is having a good sniff of his ears and hes not fussed :)

well no issues last night, he slept in our room with the others. he slept on my side of the bed and the guys kept their usual spots on the floor, woke up to all 4 of them on the bed!

he becoming more relaxed around them, as i type this keyu is having a good sniff of his ears and hes not fussed :)

thats fantastic sid

Great news! soon they'll be playing together! :P