False positives? Virus scanners?

Marc

Hi All,

Is anyone else recieving any false positive messages saying they have a trojan virus when visiting the site? Just asking as someone has reported something which sounds like this could be the case.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was on earlier today with a PC. Did not have any issues. What virus software was in use?

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

No, nothing reported here.

Mine usually shouts very quickly if anything tries to start without authorisation

or is downloaded with nasties included.

must be just you Marc :P

But i have had that before (not from this site)

What AV did you scan with??

Its not mine m8. Was reported by a member just wanted to ensure it wasnt a widespread issue, which I thought it wouldnt be anyways or people would have been shouting up. Cheers for the replies guys.

Its not mine m8. Was reported by a member just wanted to ensure it wasnt a widespread issue, which I thought it wouldnt be anyways or people would have been shouting up. Cheers for the replies guys.

ahh ok, that person may have a virus sitting in their cache or something??? meh.

cheers mate.

well something happened because my scanner picked up two trojans and now my comp is messed up guess I'll be off here for a while until I get if fixed :( I'm just saying it popped up when I was on the forum I wasn't saying the website was the cause or whatever. . .it's happened before a few months ago on another site I use. . . and now it's making stuff pop up on my roomies comp I'm using now O_o is it just me or is this stupid thing stalking me >_<

A "website" can't be classified as a Trojan, its simply miscommunication & misunderstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

It cant be one but can contain one. A website can contain Javascript code which can indeed contain a virus including the contents of a Trojan virus.

well something happened because my scanner picked up two trojans and now my comp is messed up guess I'll be off here for a while until I get if fixed :( I'm just saying it popped up when I was on the forum I wasn't saying the website was the cause or whatever. . .it's happened before a few months ago on another site I use. . . and now it's making stuff pop up on my roomies comp I'm using now :confused: is it just me or is this stupid thing stalking me >_<

This is now resolved. Was a false positive coming from one of the google adverts so I have now disallowed that site from advertising.

Ah, well. . . Y'see that's just one of the benefits of being a site Sponsor.

No ads therefore. . .No virus.

Cough up. . . or your PC is doooooooomed :P