Maya's Overprotectiveness

HuskyHannah

Maya and Shiloh are my 6 month old sister pups. They are as sweet as can be but the problem is that when i take the 2 to the dog park, if another puppy or sometimes another dog comes up to me and i pet them, maya will growl/bite the other dog or chase them away from me. I do not want her doing that because its not good. Shiloh on the otherhand could care less if i was getting mauled to death lol. She is so submissive and loves everything.

Well she will run over immediately if she sees another dog jumped up on me or something, and she will grown and then just snap at them or just chase them off me. She never hurts the other dog, just simpy scares them. She doesnt put her ears down or her tail between her legs. She does not show her teeth either. she wil growl and slowly creep up to them

Maya and Shiloh are my 6 month old sister pups. They are as sweet as can be but the problem is that when i take the 2 to the dog park, if another puppy or sometimes another dog comes up to me and i pet them, maya will growl/bite the other dog or chase them away from me. I do not want her doing that because its not good. Shiloh on the otherhand could care less if i was getting mauled to death lol. She is so submissive and loves everything.

Sounds like she is resource guarding... you.

I would definitely tell her off when she does that. Problem is, it's kind of hard to do it all by yourself if you are the "object" she is guarding. I would definitely ask a friend to help you at the dog park.

For example when she starts chasing other dogs from you, have your friend step in and tell her NO. Maybe keep a lead on her (hanging) so that she can quickly be restrained and not allowed to harass other dogs from approaching you.

Yea she does guard me. No it was not her first time there we have been going since she was little. Today for example she was playing with a boxer puppy and i called the puppy over and when it got excited and tried to run over to me she growled at it. She only does it with puppies too which i find strange. I tell her no every time she does it but its not working