Stupid things other people (especially dog owners) have said about your fur baby...

Mollys_mum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a lot of people here get angry when the general public can't tell the difference between a malamute and a husky or similar innocent mistakes. Before I joined the forum and before I started really looking into the breed I couldn't tell the difference and I'd have been a bit miffed if I'd accidentally called someone's dog the wrong breed and they'd gotten snotty with me. Or if I'd assumed huskies were a larger breed of dog than they actually are and the owner had given me a dirty look. Hope no-one's wearing their husky owners hoodies or patches then they're reacting to people like that! :confused:

(felt it was to big to leave all of the quote :P)

I said in my last post all the dumb things I have had said to me, there has been miles more occasions of people complimenting Kaylo and being nice, i do understand that sometimes its easier to be nice to people and not just shut them down but sometimes i find that poeple are quite happy to judge you and your dog that no matter what you say you still come away feeling offended and judged wrongly by others, i am very sure about people just making innocent mistakes, but each time is different like in my case, my area is over run my idiots and people that just wanna make easy money so yes to nick somes ones dog and sell it would be a bonus for them, this is why i am so hostile to others in my area people in my local area judge by rumours and looks, its sad but true.

the nicer part of my area have a very close knit community its just that every now and again you do come across the odd fool all of my comments of dumb things people have said have happened in a year and a half not on a daily basis.

depending on the person talking to me depends on the reaction they will get and how they speak to me in the first place

im sure when you say you had made the odd mistake like a lot of people do you werent being snotty yourself or being condescending.

like in my case, my area is over run my idiots and people that just wanna make easy money so yes to nick somes ones dog and sell it would be a bonus for them, this is why i am so hostile to others in my area people in my local area judge by rumours and looks, its sad but true

Im exactly the same! I generally walk D on my own so i try really hard just to keep my head down and keep walking. I also have a traveler camp like 2 mins down the road, so its even more nerveracking walking down the road. Im literally scared of walking down my own street incase some ***** takes D! (They would have a job of doing it since the lead going round my waist and he is on his wydwl harness :P)

But i'll talk to people if i am walking with someone else :)

Im exactly the same! I generally walk D on my own so i try really hard just to keep my head down and keep walking. I also have a traveler camp like 2 mins down the road, so its even more nerveracking walking down the road. Im literally scared of walking down my own street incase some ***** takes D! (They would have a job of doing it since the lead going round my waist and he is on his wydwl harness :P)

But i'll talk to people if i am walking with someone else :)

dont get me wrong i will talk to anyone if they have the right attitude towards me and dont talk to me like im an idiot, if they have some misconceptions about the breed i will nicely correct them but if they are disrespectful and mean i talk back to them like that i was always brought up to treat others how they treat you seems dumb but i live by it, i hate being the doormat that people think they can walk over

Is she a wolf? Is the usual one... But I've also had;

That 'wolfdog' should be muzzled

Do you get her to pull you to the shops?

Wheres the rest of them and the sled?

Bet she loves this weather

Creepy eyes

Blue eyed dogs are blind you know, or deaf

and of course... are you gonna breed her? She'd mix great with my staffy!

Is she a wolf? Is the usual one... But I've also had;

That 'wolfdog' should be muzzled

Do you get her to pull you to the shops?

Wheres the rest of them and the sled?

Bet she loves this weather

Creepy eyes

Blue eyed dogs are blind you know, or deaf

and of course... are you gonna breed her? She'd mix great with my staffy!

really!? a staffy husky mix :/ wow that would be summit else lol could look a bit funny lilke my mums dog lab body springer head and god knows whats leg they all gangley n skinny but the rest of him aint

really!? a staffy husky mix :/ wow that would be summit else lol could look a bit funny lilke my mums dog lab body springer head and god knows whats leg they all gangley n skinny but the rest of him aint

I've seen a few. They don't look too bad but it's not a mix I'd recomend personally because of the size differance. Plus crossbreeding is touchy ground.

Merlin

"that wolf should be muzzled, why are you walking it?"

"ahhh i see he has the legs of a working dog, they are always a bit funny at the back...I know because I canny cross with my dogs"

"is he blind in both eyes!?" (he has blue eyes)

"Thats a nice christmas presant for you"

"you know huskies are very dangerous and bite people right?"

"don't you need a licence for that sort of animal?"

"arn't his legs funny"

Rosie

"those dogs are dangerous, it should be on a muzzle" - that was when she was about 12 weeks old!

"you can't have a rottweiler and children"

"what breed of dog is she?" to which i replied a black and tan labrador, its new colouring.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst one I have frequently been asked is, "do you want to sell them?" as if anyone would just agree and hand over their pets in the street!!!Scary people.

"Have you got any puppies to sell?" NO

Then people come running over shrieking "can I stroke them?will they bite me? "Look at the fur-wow!

No they don't bite but please stay calm.

Then they talk in silly voices and excite them and then say thay are scared and changed their mind when they jump up!

And the usual one.....are they wolves?!!!

Some people can be nice and talk calmly and admire them.

Others cross the road in fear!!