Hey Everyone ...Long Time Reader, First Time Writer!

cristii

Hey there all husky lovers!

This is my first time writing a post on the forum, but I have been constantly reading for a few months now. Since the date that I am getting my new husky is getting closer, I finally decided to introduce myself ... Hi!

My first husky("experience") was 10 years ago when I was only 12 years old. It doesn't really count though since I wasn't the caring for him 24/7 but I was able to learn about his behaviors and how to deal with them to some extent.

He was all white, with amber eyes. (please excuse the quality of the picture, its old) His name was Jimmy! As a puppy we would always waddle when we took him out for walks. We only had him for less than 6 years, because an awful neighbor fed him something that caused his death:(.

photo1fg.jpg

Besides the one-on-one experience with an actual husky, I have been reading difference books and blogs to further my knowledge.

So the reason for my post is for any kind of advice that anyone can provide for me. Reading about them can only help me so much, so that's why I am asking for feedback.

Thanks Bunches

PS Once I get the new puppy I will update everyone with pictures ... everyone seems to like those!

Welcome! :D

Thats horrible what your neighbour did! :(

Cant wait for pictures of your pup :D

Firstly. One thing i have learnt about actually caring for a husky 24/7, You can read all the husky books and blogs in the world! The only thing that will really help is actually getting 1. Example: Ive read, huskies cant have wheat, Mine HAS to have wheat (total weirdo pup i know lol)

Secondly: There are meets as you probably know, not sure if there are many now so close to christmas but maybe you could go to 1 of them and talk to people and meet some of their dogs? (If there are any near by for you?)

Thirdly: When are you getting your pup??? :)

Welcome aboard! Your Jimmy was so cute, and I'm so sorry he was so short lived because of a terrible act by your neighbor.. I hope he got in trouble for it, that is just awful :( Hope you enjoy the forum, and can't wait to hear about (and see pictures) of your little bundle of joy when he/she arrives!

Welcome to the BEST husky forum in the WORLD.

Just reading through a good few posts will give you an idea of the 'adventures'

you'll encounter with your new pup.

Have a look in the training section.

Once you've got your pup and start encountering the things you need help with.

just shout we'll be here to dish out the advice good or bad to help you along. :)

Hi and welcome2-2.png - Jimmy was a cutie! :wub:

Have a look around, and read the posts that interest you - as Andy suggested, the behavior and training posts will probably be the most useful. It's hard to give you what you're looking for without more specific questions to answer. If you go to the member map, it's possible you can find some people in your area and visit with their Huskies - you might find that helpful!

So sorry for your loss of Jimmy, he was adorable looking. No matter how long ago, or what your role was, you know the love of a husky! :doglick:

Glad you are getting one of your own now. Hope you enjoy the site, we will be waiting for pics!

oh hey there welcome to the pack! :D So when are you getting your new four-legged baby? Please take lots of pictures that day :P Because: 1) It'll be one unforgettable day. and 2) these people are picture-addicted :lolman: now since you joined our forum, posting pictures of your adorable little one is a must. OR YOU WON'T GET COOKIES!! :cheeky:

don't hesitate to post threads if you have any questions btw :) our members are spread all over the globe, resulting in this forum being a 24/7 one. Enjoy your stay cristii !

Hello and welcome. Jimmy was a real cutie, sorry to hear about the evil neighbors that fed him something bad :( Glad to hear you are doing more research on the breed. The more you know the better prepared you are. You have come to the right place to find tons of info and personal experience. Good luck with your pup when you get him/her.