what is wrong with people!?

Sid_Wolf

when kira came to us she was 13ish weeks old, and had already been hit, shes still a little flinchy and is

scared of drunk people :(

we got keyu at 6 months old, the previous owners got her from a bloke who kept her chained in a

garden unable to get away from her own mess, and beat and starved her. She was still underweight

when we got her and apparently that was loads better than when they 1st got her. shes also still a bit

flinchy

and now diesel, also underweight and is terrified of the OHs dad, OHs dad has been nothing but nice to

him so i can only guess that he reminds D of someone else. D will bark and growl at him as soon as he

walks in the room. He' s also very flincy :(

So 3 out of our 4 dogs have a history of abuse. What is wrong with people!?

BingBlaze'n'Skyla while I do think there's a difference between flinching and just disliking having their heads touched, Blaze hates having his head touched at all, but his is a dominance thing.

its the way she will do it tho like shes scared/worried about the hand thats coming towards her - sorry i should be been specific

Angel dislikes some men, she barks at all men if they come in our house. Even her uncles and grandads.

She also barked at a random man in the bus the other day too.

And she isnt keen having her back end touched, even by me.

Its quite sad really.

Max luckily has never been physically abused,just neglected before we got him and not walked etc.

Blue is a differnt matter.We got him at 10 months old and he was terrified of peopls,he cowered down on the floor,he had cut ears and a bit scratch across his eye.It was heartbreaking.

I have had him year this month and he is so much better,he is more confident and now jumps up at people to greet them,he does not like raised voices at all,even on tv!

I think being with a laid back dog likmeMax has helped him to gain confidence in all aspects of his life.

The dog we rescued a few weeks ago also flinched at times when touched at all.

It's a disgrace that anyone could physically abuse a dog.It makes me sick to my stomach.:mad:

As we all know,Sibes have different personalities and hang ups,so some recover quicker than others,some never forget:(

some people are just bullies makes them feel big my jessie (staffie) was beaten and even though shes been here a year she's still flincy poor puppies x

Aww poor babies :( It's disgusting to see what other people have done to such loving creatures. Diesel is positively terrified of women raising their voices. He gets extremely submissive crawling on the ground and everything and if said angry person comes near him he shuts his eyes and is just a mess. My friend's rescue lab mix is similar as he turns into a quivering mess when he hears any angry voices. It's heartbreaking seeing a 90lb dog turn into a terrified puddle :(

some people are just bullies makes them feel big my jessie (staffie) was beaten and even though shes been here a year she's still flincy poor puppies x

bings was too - and then dumped on the streets - weve had him 9 years n he still flinches is still scared ov evrything and still isnt keen on men and a few select women

bings was too - and then dumped on the streets - weve had him 9 years n he still flinches is still scared ov evrything and still isnt keen on men and a few select women
poor boy i had to buy jessie off the people who where abusing her so glad i did because shes a great dog

My Loki is the same she does not like her back end touched but is getting better xxxx

What is that black thing crawling around at the bottom of your signature? I've just spent the past 2 minutes trying to flick it off of my laptop screen! I know I know, I'm a total numpty!

Lol, well it's certainly a lot luckier than my laptop screen and sore finger.

We used to have a flee invasion here. Literally, everyone's sig was infected :facepalm: Luckily when I added bugspray.png to my sig the flee population drastically shrunk down. There are still some pesky bugs left though. If you are annoyed with it you are free to use my other bug-me-not method to scare them away :D

bugmenot.gif