This story has a happy ending

shedalot

I just read Mary's post (mbb23) in "Huskies Needing Homes" and it brought back vivid memories of what I was going through exactly 1 year ago. I knew I was going to lose my home due to many things I won't bother to get into here. Well, I wanted the best for Sheba, and I had no idea where I was going to end up. I surely didn't think I would find a place where she would have equal living conditions as she had already so I was preparing to give her up. I moved to my present location in October. From July of last year to September, I can't tell you how many tears where shed dealing with that. With some help from a friend, (I couldn't bear with the legwork involved as I was concentrating on the fact that I was going to lose her) she was able to find a couple who really wanted her and had experience with huskies. The day before we were to meet them, and after much interaction with friends and family, and friends online, and many tears, I decided I couldn't do it. I held out and my father bought a 2 family apartment unit 3 miles down the road from where we lived. It has a fenced in yard. Perfect.When I read the owner's writing in Mary's post, I mean it when I say this: That had to be tough. That's a beautiful dog too.

I just read Mary's post (mbb23) in "Huskies Needing Homes" and it brought back vivid memories of what I was going through exactly 1 year ago. I knew I was going to lose my home due to many things I won't bother to get into here. Well, I wanted the best for Sheba, and I had no idea where I was going to end up. I surely didn't think I would find a place where she would have equal living conditions as she had already so I was preparing to give her up. I moved to my present location in October. From July of last year to September, I can't tell you how many tears where shed dealing with that. With some help from a friend, (I couldn't bear with the legwork involved as I was concentrating on the fact that I was going to lose her) she was able to find a couple who really wanted her and had experience with huskies. The day before we were to meet them, and after much interaction with friends and family, and friends online, and many tears, I decided I couldn't do it. I held out and my father bought a 2 family apartment unit 3 miles down the road from where we lived. It has a fenced in yard. Perfect.When I read the owner's writing in Mary's post, I mean it when I say this: That had to be tough. That's a beautiful dog too.

Hey Kevin,

Im a little comfussed..? :confused: is this your reply to the link I posted of a sibe needing a new Home ? ( once in a lifetime Dog)

:D sorry Im a bit slow on the uptake .... LOL he he ha ha

I cannot imagine having to give up any of my pets, nor how many tears would be shed at the mere threat of that. I'm thankful for you and Sheba that things worked out. I pray that things go well for the other family as well.

Thank you, Becky. you know how I feel about her. ;)

Hey Kevin,

Im a little comfussed..? :confused: is this your reply to the link I posted of a sibe needing a new Home ? ( once in a lifetime Dog)

:D sorry Im a bit slow on the uptake .... LOL he he ha ha

No, not a reply at all. It's just that it brought back some memories, that's all. I felt, rather than taking your thread off topic, that I would start a new thread. :cool:

Oh Kevin, that must have been heart breaking! I can only begin to imagine what you must have had to go through.

So glad you both managed to stay together, she's worth fighting for xx

You damn right!:wave:

Kevin - So glad it worked out for you. We've only had to make moderate sacrifices to provide for our dogs over the years. Right now, with the economy the way it is, we sometimes go week to week, not knowing if the next week we'll be working or be unemployed. Pretty scary actually. It would just about kill me to have to give Zoya up.

I guess sometimes, we don't realise how lucky some of us are that we have not had to face that situation nor had to contemplate what we would do in those circumstances. Yes, I agree with the previous posts, it must be a heart-breaking decision to be faced with - Kevin, I'm so glad things worked out for you & your pack stayed together. Perhaps we should stop & ponder from time to time the things we take for granted.

(here stoppeth the sermon!! :P )

Perhaps we should stop & ponder from time to time the things we take for granted.

(here stoppeth the sermon!! :P )

All great replies here and I thank you all. Can you just imagine taking yourself back in time to when you first held your dog as a puppy, having the dog be such a huge part of your life for so many years, and then have to just say goodbye? I don't mean to bring anybody down here, but I agree, we do tend to take things for granted sometimes.