BBC news - stray Husky mystery

Mollys Dad

Does anyone remember this? A Husky was found in a pub in Sheffield (UK) yet its microchip said it was registered in New Zealand. Its condition suggested that it was show quality but would someone really travel half way round the world for a dog show? The story is from September 2008 and I can't seem to find an end to the story. Anyone else know about this?

I feel the female presenter is somewhat ignorant of either Huskies or dogs in general - listen to her comments about them biting people, implying that Huskies are aggressive.

Also - the dog looks a little bit odd to me (but I am new to Huskies!) - it looks like it might have a bit of GSD in its genes?

Here is the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7611521.stm

Not sure if the content is geographically locked though...

Found a couple stories but nothing that says what has become of her. Sounds like her owner was Chinese as one article I found says she will only respond to commands said in Chinese. Interesting. From the sounds of it she was most likely stolen poor girl. Her name is Qui Qui and her owner was a guy called Zang. Sounds like she should've got adopted though the shelter she was in said she had seven days before being up for adoption and a student that helped offered there home so hopefully that's how it all turned out :)

Definatly looked sibe to me. I do think that there are a lot of problems in the press with huskies at the moment. I've had some crazy remarks. When people ask me how much mine cost I tell them 'free, they were rescues.' I am constantly putting people off buying huskies because they shed, howl, dig etc. But the genuine people will still want to own one and do their research first.

I hope the dog found a fantastic forever home, I wonder if the owner was ever traced?