Myshka escaped!

Val (Zebedee)

We bought a cage off eBay to keep in the caravan & went to Lytham St Annes last night to collect it. Never missing an opportunity to show Myshka off ( ;) ) we took her along for the ride.

We eventually found the house, stopped the car, opened the door to get out, when there was a silver-grey "object" whooshing past me on the passenger seat & off into the bloke's garden!

The bloke lives on a newly-built estate overlooking a stream & open fields (and his garden wasn't fenced in!) --- 3 guesses where the husky went?

Straight into the open fields!

Luckily there were no animals (sheep, horses, etc) in it, but it was about 3' high with weeds, etc, all we could make out were 2 ears jumping through the undergrowth! Shouting had it's usual effect - selective hearing on Myshka's part! I went back to the car & found we had no treats to bribe her with, BUT I did find her bottle of water & the top off a mop bucket (no, I don't know why it was there either, but it was!). This was after 10 mins of "pretending" to play to get her over in our direction!

I went back to the field & started banging the bottle & mop-wringer-out-bit (!) together and she stopped, looked over at me then ran straight to me & sat at my feet :eek: . I nearly fell over with shock! :D

Needless to say, the lead went straight back on her harness & when we turned round, a few people in flats nearby were watching us! I'm keeping my eye on youtube in case anyone had a camera!

So, thankfully, this time it didn't take 2 hrs to get her back & Thank God I had the bottle & mop bucket thingy in the car!! I'll never travel without them again!! :P

So glad Myshka came back, but don't you think this is in the wrong section? Should be under the training thread,

"banging the bottle & mop-wringer-out-bit" Would have made a classic training video:rofl::rofl: but as they say 'by hook or by crook' (or in your case mop-ringer-out-bit)...

What a scary thought. I dread the day that Zoya gets away. Glad you got Myshka back in your control.