puppy food

ATD

We are feeding neptune blue buffalo chicken and rice. It is pricey but it is treating him well. We only give him between 3 - 4 cups of food today, depending on how active he is that day.

We would have kept him on taste of the wild, as this was our first choice of brand. However, he had parvo when we first got.him and I know it wasn't due to the food. But just seeing that brand of food brings back memories of him being sick. But I heard great reviews on the food. Though, my vet said that she had cases where dogs got really sick off of it.

When it comes down to it, it all depends on what your pup likes though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

We are feeding neptune blue buffalo chicken and rice. It is pricey but it is treating him well. We only give him between 3 - 4 cups of food today, depending on how active he is that day.

We would have kept him on taste of the wild, as this was our first choice of brand. However, he had parvo when we first got.him and I know it wasn't due to the food. But just seeing that brand of food brings back memories of him being sick. But I heard great reviews on the food. Though, my vet said that she had cases where dogs got really sick off of it.

When it comes down to it, it all depends on what your pup likes though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

You feed neptune 3-4 cups per day? Isn't that a bit too much? I've mostly heard others only feeding 1-2 cups per day. Just curious is all.... BTW, we feed Macy TOTW...

My dogs are on Acana (http://www.championpetfoods.com/acana/) and they are doing amazingly well on it. I had them on Orijen (made by the same company) but it proved to be too high in protein for poor Sadie so we went with Acana since they have almost a 5% difference in protein. I would suggest not going with any grocery store brand, it's cheaper food but you will pay for it in the long run. A higher quality kibble will make your dogs poop less, be more energetic, and have a softer/nicer shine to their coat. In the long run you'll usually have less vet related bills.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ is a great site that will tell you what foods are better quality than others and why.

You feed neptune 3-4 cups per day? Isn't that a bit too much? I've mostly heard others only feeding 1-2 cups per day. Just curious is all.... BTW, we feed Macy TOTW...

Sorry I meant 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups. Sorry I was going off the scoop we use, LOL. But yeah, we would feed Neptune TOTW too, but when we started him on that, we found out he has Parvo and just decided to start a different brand of food. We have had good results with Blue Buffalo, though.

I have Orion on ProSeries Puppy but I'm gradually getting him to the Go! grain free which is an all stages food. I've already learned that Shila and grain kibble does not mix; gives her bad doggy smell which she didn't have on the grain free stuff, so I'm doing the same with her as well. Eventually though I hope to switch them to raw.

• 3 weeks later...

I feed Suka Taste of the Wild....about 1 1/4 per day.

He was on Merrick for a good year and a half...until I found out that he actually HATED the food and he wasn't just being a spoiled brat and wanting olive oil on his kibble.

As soon as I put down the first bowl of TOTW, he ate it all without even waiting for me to put the olive oil on it. I was amazed.

We've never used puppy food, originally we were feeding Merrick until my oldest boy was found to be peeing blood...after testing it was found the food made his urine too basic and filled his bladder/urethra up with crystals....we switched to Wellness Core (not just Wellness but made by the same company) and haven't had an issue since. We feed our Siberians 1.5-2 cups daily, my bigger boys get 3 cups (Rockie is 130lbs and maintaining very well). I have to say I'm pleased with the food and the results.

• 3 weeks later...

ive never used raw food but, i have had great success out of a new brand of food called 4health from tractor supply. it is made by taste of the wild and is lamb meat based, no corn, the only grains are millet & barley which are both in blue buffalo. runs about 29.99$ for a 35lb bag and with two pups lasts well over a month. deffinatly worth the price and also has the DHA in it. They have adult blends aswell with the highest bag price at $34.99.