Animated Husky GIFS!!

Darc-Brittany

I got some awesome fast captures of my dogs playing out in the snow today so I figured I should turn them into gifs. Anyone else do this with their pups? They are very easy to make and would look awesome in your signature!

post-2355-0-51198000-1369918080_thumb.jp

Kira loooooves snow! I'm sure a lot of the huskies on here act exactly the same way <3

post-2355-0-56757500-1369918081_thumb.jp

Sadie LOVES Kira's jolly egg. We got him the egg last Easter, but Sadie seems to have taken a liking to it..

post-2355-0-63735100-1369918082_thumb.jp

...And never lets him get anywhere near it XD;

post-2930-13586006704331_thumb.gif

post-2930-13586006704693_thumb.gif

post-2930-13586006705183_thumb.gif

It's not that hard to make. The one I made

:kimba2:

was all done in GIMP, a free (and open source) image editing tool which also has some (limited) tools for creating animated gifs. Thought it took some more time tracing the whole background out of it first :rolleyes:

I like your animations too. They're like little small movies.

It's not that hard to make. The one I made

:kimba2:

was all done in GIMP, a free (and open source) image editing tool which also has some (limited) tools for creating animated gifs. Thought it took some more time tracing the whole background out of it first :rolleyes:

I like your animations too. They're like little small movies.

how do you do them in gimp?

Not sure how much you know about GIMP but if you have a bunch of layers and save it as a gif you have the option to have every layer be a single frame of the animation, AKA animated gifs.

Basically the same as photoshop, but you can have more than one layer showing in a single frame...

You can also move imaged around on a second frame and it will stay the same in the previous frame... If that makes sense lol

Thanks guys :3 Would have been smoother if I set my camera to take pictures faster.

Oh yes, GIMP, I forgot all about that program. Like photoshop but very limited, nice for a free tool though. I had a job where they were kind of cheap and wanted us to use that program instead of photoshop... That didn't last long, they cracked and bought us all licenses for photoshop.

Not sure how much you know about GIMP but if you have a bunch of layers and save it as a gif you have the option to have every layer be a single frame of the animation, AKA animated gifs.

um not enough to know how to do that lol

Everyone would be able to make one, it's soooooo easy! The program I used takes all the work out of it for you. You import all the pictures at the same time and it even asks at the bottom if you want to put each picture on their own frame. You select that option and it does it all for you. All you have to do from there is click play and you have a GIF. You can mess around with timing and add text. But doing just a basic plan GIF takes like 2 minutes. Adding text and changing the time isn't much harder.