Hello!

sevans929

Just joined the site. I have a 2 year old husky named Bandit, he's awesome! He is actually Bandit II. I had another husky growing up named Bandit. He was born a week before me and passed when I was 15. I wanted another one ever since and finally got my current one in Feb. 2010. We had a rough start since I lived in an apartment at the time. He literally ate through his kennel, but now I am a homeowner and he has a big back yard to romp in with my the other 2 dogs. He LOVES to run. He likes to make the other 2 chase him around the yard for hours on end. He also loves to go for rides in the jeep, and going to the lake for a swim. Oh yeah, my fiancé still hates him for eating some of her stuff when we lived in the apartment. She trieed warming up to him once we moved into the house but then he peed on her and it was a lost cause since after that. Oh well.

oh u gotta love huskies :P we'd be more than glad to look at pics btw! Oh and welcome aboard, don't hesitate to post questions. Someone will always be there to answer! :D

Btw u can explain to your fiancé that dogs don't understand what is considered polite and what is considered rude by us humans. It's not like he's doing that on purpose right x)

Welcome to the Pack. You really need to post some pics of Bandit. Everyone is gaga for pics around here. There is a lot of great info on this forum, so enjoy. Look forward to seeing you around.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Well the thing is that he ate only her stuff haha. He just really likes to eat stuff that is pink. The final straw was a photo album with pictures that coudnt be replaced. Not a big deal really. She just doesn't pet him, but one time he got out while I was at work and she spent 4 hours looking for him.

Well the thing is that he ate only her stuff haha. He just really likes to eat stuff that is pink. The final straw was a photo album with pictures that coudnt be replaced. Not a big deal really. She just doesn't pet him, but one time he got out while I was at work and she spent 4 hours looking for him.

Dogs don't see colors, I'm afraid. Well not that they're colorblind but they can only see basic colors (red green blue, u know LOL) and pink is not a basic color :) now idk why, but dogs--at least the ones that I know of--loves to chew on things that belong to a person who dislikes them LOL I used to have a maid that hates Diamond for some reason, and Diamond always destroy her sandals. If she bought a new one, Dime will destroy it into an even smaller bits LOL

so if a person says "dogs deserve to be loved", I slightly disagree. I think they demand to be loved LOL LOL LOL :P

btw if Bandit is just like Diamond (chewing belongings of a person who dislikes him) then the only way to stop the behavior is by making the bond between him and the person (in this case your fiancé) even deeper and stronger. When Bandit realizes that your fiancé should be respected the way he respects you, the chewing will stop :) hopefully, that is :P

Welcome to the pack! :)

How hard was it with Bandit in an apartment? Just curious, as I think that's the way my life is gonna go...cause I want another husky ASAP but I'm not rich enough to buy a house at 20 years old!

I don't think that's the way dogs see the world...with only the basic colours. While it's impossible to know for sure, one theory suggests that they see most colours...just very dull and not as vivid as we see them. Kinda like this...

dogvis.jpg

Hiya Sean & Bandit II - welcome on board!!! We'd love to see pics when you get a chance - of all your dogs, not just Bandit.

We also have a section called Rainbow Bridge where people can talk about past pets, feel free to post in there about Bandit I and post any pics you may have of him too