Freak sledding accident leaves one dead and four injured

Mollys_mum

The dogs escaped from injury however us tourists on that sleigh did not and I think after bein through such a traumatic experience it's outrageous to say we were having fun when it happened a man lost his life..and we spent our holiday in hospital. It's tragic that a man lost his life and yet everyone is concerned that the dogs are ok.

Many thanks for posting, Jessabella. I'm sure nobody on here was trying to 'make light of the situation', rather, we all have a deep respect for all those involved in sledding, whether or not we actually participate for real.

I posted this so that people involved with getting into sledding in the near future are aware of the potential risks just so that some sense of awareness can be developed in situations/environment where we didn't think there was a risk before. Hopefully it might save lives in the future.

As for the dogs, well, it is a Husky forum, and we love our dogs, and by 'our', I mean all, whether or not they belong to us per se.