Disabled Chicago cop denied pit bull service dog launches landmark ADA lawsuit

aronoiiel

I think the town is in serious need of some butt kicking, head knocking and so are the residents. They're going to lose the court challenge big time. Obviously they've NO idea what a dog has to go through to be a service dog or the temperament they have to have and tests they have to pass. Not just "any" dog can do this.

I hope the town gets what's coming to them, hard.

Just sent an e-mail to the City Clerk in Aurelia, Iowa. You can google Aurelia, IA, and one of the first hits is the City's Web site. Go to "Contact Us", and an e-mail link is provided. Don't know if it will do any good, but this former police officer deserves better than what he is getting from the City of Aurelia, Iowa. Makes me almost ashamed that I'm from Iowa, but I don't think this issue is unique to our State. Thanks for posting.

Do they have a heart or are they made of tin? It is so frustrating that people acually do that ! PITBULLS are amazing dogs. Its not the breed , its man who has abused the breed. Like dog fighting, now people are tarrifyed of theses dogs . We need to promote the breed in a positive manner to educate people that these dog are not visious. The more knowlage people have them more laws might be lifted. One of my friend's pit bulls was almost ripped away from her by a cop, just because she was a pitbull and because its illegle to have pitbulls in denver. It is absolutly appoling! Why can't poeple stop hurting the breed and get over themselves about crule laws like that !!!!!!!!

Got this through facebook and signed it. Unbelievable.

As for breed bans, I'm still pushing for a ban on pomeranians. I have been attacked by every single one of the little vermin I have ever met (which is only 4, but 100% of them were savage and untrained monsters). Every single pit bull I've met has been a lover.

Just more reasons to fight bsl (breed specific legislation) or as I like to call it bull s#!t legislation. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. There was a lawsuit against Denver Colorado from the ADA for this very reason. Denver is like the pit bull kill capital of the world and they won the suit which really gets under my skin. I won't rant and rave on this topic but 90% of you know where I stand and how I feel about these issues ...

Good find Ravenwolf I was looking for one last night as I knew there was one lol. I found a fb page to. Honestly if we can pull together to get justice for a husky murdered in cold blood I think we can all pull together and show this stupid government that we are all very sick of BSL and that it NEEDS to stop NOW. Let's show these ignorant people that the animal community will no longer tolerate their chosen lack of knowledge and bias.Or you know some other big long fancy speech that makes people all ready to go lol.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurelia-IA-Let-James-Sak-Keep-His-Service-Dog/267621543296200