New owners

shhambersays

Hello, we just got our pup diesel and he is 3 months old. This is our first dog for our family. Though I grew up with a mut, he was akita, husky, German shepherd mix and he looked like a bear. He was my brothers so he stayed with my mom till old age caught up to him.

Anyways we also have a 2 year old son and 2 cats. Diesel is very active and him and my son are warming up. Though the pup is still mouthy and not fully house trained. I asked a trainer about the behavior but she said it was normal for his age and cause he is new. The cats hate him but they should warm up soon, he doesn't know what there are and just wants to play.

He came to us on blue buffalo so we are going to keep him on it. He was also on raw food diet but we are not sure about it.

We got him from a lady who had to leave the country on short notice and needed to find him a home before. She had gotten him from a breeder a month ago.

Anyways that's some about me and my family.

welcome to the pack - cant wait to see some pics

with the nipping try a nice ole yelp like his siblings would do / or a firm no - then ignore him till he is calm - chose 1 method tho and stick with it :)

toilet training - take him out every hour and right after eating, sleeping , drinking and playing :)

ive never used blue buffalo tho ive heard its a good food so would deffo keep him on that :) any info you need about raw u can find in the food and diet section - its really good for them and not as expensive as it would seem

hope you enjoy the forum any advice u need feel free to post it up n we all try n reply as soon as possible :)

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, or issues along the way, there's lots of members ready to help here. Also a great amount of information already posted that should be helpful for you.

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Some others have given some good advice to keep in mind. I will also mention again keep an eye on him with your cats. It's good he's young and can grow up with them but huskies typically have a high prey drive and may see them as food when an adult. this is not a sure thing though as each dog is an individual and there are many huskies that live with cats just fine. We have 4 outside cats but I don't fully trust my boy with them. Just read up on dog body language and husky prey drive so you can spot any problems that may arise. Again socializing him with cats when young is a great way to start. If you have any questions feel free to post some threads. Hope you enjoy the forum :)