Do any of your guys "stalk" other dogs?

Simon&Sophia

Yeah Aries does this too, except without the lying down on the ground bit. I don't know why, but it does seem to happen a lot more around dogs his size or bigger and its been happening a lot since last summer when we took him to Holland. Dogs are generally more aggressive there as most people rarely socialize them properly, and he's been attacked a few times (think, 7 times in 3 months vs once in over a year in London despite all the idiots with pits as status dogs). That makes me think its a "is this dog cool" thing, but usually once he realizes the other dog means no harm Aries stands up and is all playful again.

Shadow did this once for the first time the other week we were walking around a lake and a massive Akita offlead came running towards us shadow did that and laid down as if ready to pound ive never seen him do it before to any dogs! The Akita got called back and went back luckily. We saw it again on the way round it was on lead this time and Shadow started talking to it lol

Glala does this _all the time._ Especially when she sees that the other dog is walking toward her. If the other dog stops she usually takes a leap and wants to run towards them (dragging me behind of course :rolleyes:). All in a playful way and she only seems to do it with dogs that also want to play or are at least curious in meeting them. Glala immediately backs off is she senses that the other dog isn't going to like it so I never had dogs going in a defence mode because of that. In fact, by watching Glala's behaviour when she sees dogs in the distance I can usually predict whether the other dog is going to be either playful or mean.