December 28 Hearing in Iowa for Officer Sak and Snickers

aronoiiel

Here's an update for anyone that's interested I'm very hopeful that they can pull this through and they are reunited. Poor Snickers is suffering physically from the stress of the separation developing hives and severe hair loss. No person or animal should EVER have to deal with discrimination like this. In the words of the GSD Community on FB "Oh Aurelia council members.....the Animal Army is coming for you....;) " The Animal Farm Foundation has taken this family under their wing and has hired an attorney on behalf of Mr. Sak and is paying for the boarding of poor Snickers :)

Edit: linking this instead since the vid is borked :confused:

http://www.wherevent.com/detail/animal-farm-foundation-federal-court-hearing-james-sak-v-city-of-aurelia-iowa

Your vid didn't come through - and they've already got an earful from me!!

Molly"]

A Federal court hearing requesting the immediate return of Snickers to Officer Sak is scheduled for December 28th at 9:00am in Sioux City, IA. Animal Farm Foundation has arranged for representation for Officer Sak and will be traveling to Iowa to help Officer Sak fight for the right to keep his service dog. This hearing is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - Please help by showing your support.

If you live close enough, it would be a great gesture to be there and for the dog lovers to present a united front on this. This is wrong in so many different ways!!!

Marc - can't out a link in the quote heading????

Your vid didn't come through - and they've already got an earful from me!!

If you live close enough, it would be a great gesture to be there and for the dog lovers to present a united front on this. This is wrong in so many different ways!!!

Marc - can't out a link in the quote heading????

No, you cant embed any BBCode within the quote header

C'mon now, Iowa isn't that big!!!

Well, not as big as Texas. It is about a eight hour drive, one way, from where I live to Sioux City.

Ah, shoot, I woulda figured you could get anywhere in IOWA withing an our or so .... << tease >>

You've just gotten used to thinking on a Texas-sized scale! We have pretty decent roads (well, the main roads, anyway!), but the max speed limit is 70mph - and that's only on a few roads, mainly the Interstates...