Agression

yamahar6wme

Hey guys first of all hope every one had a brilliant christmas. I wanted any advice on this topic possible. We have sky and zero as most of you know sky was 2 in sep and zero was 3 in nov unlike most huskies they arent very hyper in the house just lie around and sleep all day but the dredded walks all you have to do is open the couboard and they know where they are going which is nice seeing them excited like that they have face harness goes over their mouths and clis behind their head a small strap clips onto their colour brilliant sort of zero goes mad when walked trying to get this thing off we are being persistant we havent given up but here is the glitch with the way he is acting i cant walk both of them or cant walk him with 2 young children as when he starts of on one he does it anywhere randemly he has done it on middle of the road he has cut his nose trying to get this thing off and its fustrating not being able to walk him until my bf gets back from work at 6pm by then being pitch black which doesnt help when he starts going mad people stare at us as if were doing something wrong there are only 2 ways to stop him doing it one is grab his flab on his sides he hates it and distracts him or 2 is the hard one pull the harness up so he has to stand on back legs which is even harder as he is taller then me he has managed to get out of his harness a couple of times but because its clipped round the back of his head and to his colour he hasnt got away, we use these as they cant pull unlike sky he hasnt figured out more he pulls titer it gets so when it gets tight he goes on one which can be up to 10 times or more in one walk. i cant use a body harness as i am only 5ft3 and weight 8stone he is a lot stronger then me he can easly pull me over if he sees another dog or cat or even person he pulled me onto the bus the other day and nearly fell flat on my face any advice or anything else we can try also he has developed dog agression just wants to kill any dog that gets near he used to be fine with dogs now big no no no. Right now to sky she has the same harness she isnt too bad with it she has a moment or too but nothing major her problem is if she sees another dog even on the other side of the road she goes absolutly mental to get to it she has always got on with other dogs but since my moms and dads dog passed away earlier this year apart from zero she hasnt been around another dog as we dont know any one with dogs but she looks like she wants to kill any other dogs and to control even though she is small and light she is a git for getting out her harness even thought she has small size it slips off if she pulls backwords if that makes sence the other part is she is scared of every one my family friends people on street she will actually step into the road just to move away from some one we dont know why but she has always been like that they both have too much pept up energy i used to love walking them both with both my kids big field and we used to let them off lead which was amazing they used to be so well behaved but since zero ran away last year we havent had any trust in him so wont let him off or sky as not fair on zero i want a walk to be enjoyable not a choir please help we have tried joint leads so both on one lead but one pulls the other errr i am at my last straw here i hate leaving them at home when i go out i used to take them everywhere any advice would be appricaited or if you live local please can we meet as other dogs around them would be brilliant we cant afford a dog trainer and no local training schools. :( sorry for long story cheers

have u had a look at the wydwl harnesses Staceybob is an affiliate (sp?) for ? she can get them at discount and they really help - helps me control blaze and skyla when they see other dogs alot easier - i still wear my walking belt n they still have a semi-slip on and double ended leads clipped to both (for safety as blaze is a backflipper) but hes never escaped the harnesses n now walks nicely

Hey I'm a dog trainer in Perry Barr that works for free on contribution basis, meaning donations are welcomed and all I ask is that you cover my travel expenses. If you'd like, we can meet up, you can try out a WYDWL harness before you buy and we'll get to work on conditioning your dog to be calmer around other dogs.

All my methods are positive and I abide by the current UK rules and laws as a Kennel Club Association of Instructors student member.

Stacey xxx