Red eye

Warrior654

weve noticed it alot during the day, where the light catches his eye and it looks/turns red only ever seams to be 1 eye though, his left.

u know... I almost thought Fang is a bi-eyed. I used to think "red eyes" only happen to blue-eyed dogs but Fang proved me wrong. I still don't get it how the red eye only appears on his left eye and not both though! O_O

What you're seeing are the red blood cells on the inside of the eye (for the red-eyes that is, not the laser-eyes :D). If the light is just right you'll be able to see it with your own eyes. Just with people, with some you can see it easily while with others you can't at all. Afaik eye-colour doesn't matter, though the colour it will reflect will look slightly different. Some people only have it with one eye so I'm not surprised dogs can have it too. Glala reflects two different colours as well when using the camera-flash.

What you're seeing are the red blood cells on the inside of the eye (for the red-eyes that is, not the laser-eyes :D). If the light is just right you'll be able to see it with your own eyes. Just with people, with some you can see it easily while with others you can't at all. Afaik eye-colour doesn't matter, though the colour it will reflect will look slightly different. Some people only have it with one eye so I'm not surprised dogs can have it too. Glala reflects two different colours as well when using the camera-flash.

wow that's quite a worthy info. Now explain about the laser-eyed puppy :lolman:

Im not buying photoshop just to make my dog look less evil lol. I just mean on like my printer software i can get rid of red eye which works fine on people but doesnt work at all on dogs lol

Red eyes only appear if your subject is looking directly at the flash or at a light source right behind you. If you make them look slightly away from it you usually won't get any red eyes on your photos :)

Im not buying photoshop just to make my dog look less evil lol. I just mean on like my printer software i can get rid of red eye which works fine on people but doesnt work at all on dogs lol

picasa - thats what i use - free - http://picasa.google.co.uk/

b4 picasa

post-8679-0-64657800-1372464220_thumb.jp (2).jpg]

after picasa

post-8679-0-29154900-1372464225_thumb.jp.jpg]

post-95-13586008571804_thumb.jpg

post-95-13586008572279_thumb.jpg

Just to be on the safe side, I would ask the vet to look at his eyes with an opthalmoscope next time you take him in. There are a number of hereditary eye conditions that might cause that type of reflection. The fact that you can see it in daylight is more concerning than if it were just from a camera flash or in light shining directly in the eyes at night. Blue eyes are more likely to shine red and reflect off the blood vessels at the back of the eye, as there is less pigment in blue eyes to absorb the light rays. Brown eyes more often reflect blue-green, from the tapetum at the back of the eye.

Just to be on the safe side, I would ask the vet to look at his eyes with an opthalmoscope next time you take him in. There are a number of hereditary eye conditions that might cause that type of reflection. The fact that you can see it in daylight is more concerning than if it were just from a camera flash or in light shining directly in the eyes at night. Blue eyes are more likely to shine red and reflect off the blood vessels at the back of the eye, as there is less pigment in blue eyes to absorb the light rays. Brown eyes more often reflect blue-green, from the tapetum at the back of the eye.

kaylos eye do this quite often on his year check up we asked about it the vet reckons it light glinting off the back off his eye he said it nothing to worry about it happens with my mums lab too, if your worried i think you will have to speak to a vet just for reassurance from a pro :D

will get vet to check it out in a few weeks,