Kids New Years Eve Party...the epic fail that I inflicted on myself...

Removed #1

As my hubby is working out of state and not here...I went ahead and told the kids that they could have a New Years Eve sleepover...it was meant to start at 8...and go until 10 tommorrow...freeing up parents the world over to have a night out with no kids...

8...8pm...I asked for RSVP's...the latest one I got was at 1 this afternoon...the mother asked what time the party started...I said 8...she dropped her daughter off at six...keep in mind that I have spoken to this woman once in person today for 6 minutes. I know her medical history, how long ago she moved here, her daughters mental issues, and her last menstrual cycle troubles...

Her daughter doesn't listen and is a hypocondriach...she stubbed her toe and asked me to call an ambulance after she got in Eponine's face and Eponine jumped on her...

I have now confiscated all cell phones...

23 minutes into the party...1 lamp broken...4 liters of soda gone, 1 bag of chips consumed...considering putting a puke pot in the room with all the kids in case they can't make it to the bathroom as there's still pizza to be eaten.

I will continue to post in this thread as the night progresses in hopes that somehow in plain black and white this doesn't actually seem as 'rip my hair out' as its feeling only half an hour into things...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8:42...random children decide to spontaneously walk dog...

look defeated when I tell them that just daughter is going to walk dog...not sending 3 kids I'm responsible for to wander around at night on new years eve through town...kids grugingly stomp back up stairs and go back to watching Dr. Who and drinking soda

Oh my Stephanie, was staying home with your own 4 (a newborn too I might mention), watch a movie, at 10 tell them it's midnight, put everyone to bed....or if you needed some real excitement, take to the yard and start fence building in the dark....you could always just yell at them all and scare them enough to call mom to come and get them! That's what I'd do!!! Good luck hun! :jawdrop:

Oh my Stephanie, was staying home with your own 4 (a newborn too I might mention), watch a movie, at 10 tell them it's midnight, put everyone to bed....or if you needed some real excitement, take to the yard and start fence building in the dark....you could always just yell at them all and scare them enough to call mom to come and get them! That's what I'd do!!! Good luck hun! :jawdrop:

5...my own 5 *L*

9:22...little girl tries to manipulate me by crying...

Little girl is told that one of the rules in my house is that there's no crying when you're trying to talk to me about whatever you think isn't fair and is told to go to the other room and come back to talk when your done...little girl looks like I just slapped her in the face...then goes to the other room and stops crying because her tactics didn't work.

Little girl is presently staring at my piano with a WTF expression on her face

10:35pm...find out that 11 year old has been shaving his armpits...am left speechless and schedule the dreaded talk for tommorrow

10:43pm...settle a dispute about whether or not the king is higher than a queen in cards...the argument for the queen being in charge was rather sound though...

visiting kid: My mom says that men are nothing without women, so it only makes sense that the queen is higher than a king...

10:46pm...realize that I lack the mental capacity to grab how they jump from one subject to another...

Uh oh.....i wonder if the huskies made it?!

Oh, yeah the Huskies will have survived.

they're probably nomming on the remains now. :P