SHOULD I BE WORRIED :

sharon day

Hi i have a little huskey she is 18weeks old a week before christmas she was ammited to the dog hospital with wot we was told was a form of stomach upset in her she had been sick and diarroha, up until yesterday we had kept her on a diet on feesh meat fish eggs and chicken ! Yesterday i changed to a dog food for puppies which is for senstive tummies !! She had some last night fed her three times today and she has just be sick undigested food hasnt bothered her she went back to eating her bone ? should i not feed her for rest day or has she over feed ?

Could be that you're over feeding her.

Try starving her for 24 hrs (if she's not eating much that won't be a problem)

then put her on boiled chicken breast and boiled rice small amounts at first.

try this for a few days if she starts taking this ok without the diarrhea and sickness

then add a tiny bit of the sensitive puppy kibble to each meal

gradually until you have swapped over.

oh great thanks andy tbh i thought it mite be over feeding she can be a piggy and i was told husky dont eat much lol i think she eats for the husky race !!

Yeah, as a rule Huskies eat a lot less than a similar sized dog.

However some dogs will eat everything in sight, just because it's there.

oh great thanks andy tbh i thought it mite be over feeding she can be a piggy and i was told husky dont eat much lol i think she eats for the husky race !!

my girl is the same too lol always has been - she eats like a horse never stops n if a packet rustles (doesnt even have 2 be food) shes there trying to see what uve got lol

Poor pup. Anytime you switch food, you need to do it gradually, over the span of a week to ten days. First priority, let's get your pup back to normal.

Withhold food for 24 hours. This is critical, and allows the tummy to settle.

Feed a 50/50 mix of boiled boneless chicken and steamed rice. About 3/4 cup, twice a day, for two to three days. A spoon or two of plain yogurt per meal and a spoon or two of plain pumpkin between meals.

After a few days, begin the transition to the dog food. Here is the method I use:

Day 1 - 3/4 old food (chicken & rice) and 1/4 new food

Day 2 - Same as Day 1

Day 3 - half old food and half new food

Day 4 - Same as Day 3

Day 5 - 1/4 old food and 3/4 new food

Day 6 - Same as Day 5

Day 7 - All new food

I would suggest, when going through the transition, you feed twice a day. Once you are back on nibble, feed three times a day. Also, one cup per feeding is most likely enough. Amounts on food bags are generally way too much for a Husky.

Please keep us posted.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Sharon I have a 20 week old puppy who eats like she's been starved :) she's had an upset run for the past few days and been on a light diet :( I put her back on her normal food yesterday and she was sick right away but thought it the amount she had eaten rather than anything else so have restricted her to smaller meals for now.

Know what you mean about the sulky face we have two other dogs who eat slower and I have tried locking Brooke out if the kitchen while they eat but the screams are unbearable :) she knows how to hit the spot!!

it is a worry when you have a pup will get easier. its nice to know that there are people out there to give advice :) just wait till yours has a sock and glove fetish like mine! im waiting on a glove will be here any day now!lol my dog is 2 and he has eaten 10 socks and 2 gloves hes terrible didnt have it with any of my others had sibes 16yrs. i have to make sure i dnt leavethem lying around noticed i had a glove missing yesterday!:oops::eek:

hiya guys i took all your advice and popped luna back on to the rice and chicken , she been eating it also brought her new bowl were she seems to eat more slower she hasnt been sick since and also drinking plenty of fluids is fine in here self , just wondering as she had a poo just now but loooked like undigested rice in it ? is this fine as she seems fine her self they still loose stools just worried about the rice ?