Do you ever feel guilty for laughing at your dog? ? ?

aronoiiel

Kiana was sleeping peacefully under my chair when, for whatever reason, she bolts up and whacks her noggin on the underside of my seat. She then glared at me, before I could even get a chuckle out, huffed and layed back down. I can't help but laugh but I feel bad I mean my evil chair has certainly set up both dogs many times for a nasty lump or two on their noggins. Maybe I should consider switching to bean bag chairs O_o

I can't say I've felt guilty my dogs give me endless laughs like when diva runs off turns and slips over highly amusing lom

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.149763,-0.408565

Today I took Kiska to Mote park with a friend and when we got to the little river Kiska went paddling which was nice because she's only just getting to like being in water. When we were almost done we got near the car park where there's a big lake, right at the end of the lake there's a concrete walkway that the lake laps against where people feed all the ducks and swans. Kiska was staring eagerly at one of the ducks and walked towards the lake - obviously not realising that the water was deep right away instead of a gradual slope in like the river banks were - and went trotting straight in. She disappeared under the surface for a few seconds before appearing with a look of sheer terror on her face, paddled towards the side and tried to dig her claws in to the concrete to get out. I lifted her out by her harness and almost collapsed on the floor laughing. Funniest thing I've seen in AGES! And I don't feel guilty for laughing, she literally walked right into that one :D

Today I took Kiska to Mote park with a friend and when we got to the little river Kiska went paddling which was nice because she's only just getting to like being in water. When we were almost done we got near the car park where there's a big lake' date=' right at the end of the lake there's a concrete walkway that the lake laps against where people feed all the ducks and swans. Kiska was staring eagerly at one of the ducks and walked towards the lake - obviously not realising that the water was deep right away instead of a gradual slope in like the river banks were - and went trotting straight in. She disappeared under the surface for a few seconds before appearing with a look of sheer terror on her face, paddled towards the side and tried to dig her claws in to the concrete to get out. I lifted her out by her harness and almost collapsed on the floor laughing. Funniest thing I've seen in AGES! And I don't feel guilty for laughing, she literally walked right into that one :D[/quote']

Ohhh you just reminded me of my absolute favourite stupid teeko moment!

We were on the field we usually go to and around it there is a small stream with high banks either side (about 2 or 3 foot high). Anyhoo...he was pelting about on his 100 footer when he headed straight towards the stream, obviously not realising then he spotted the stream at the very last second and did a comedy scramble, trying to stop...but....too late! So then he decided, last second, to jump the stream....alas this attempt also failed....his front legs caught the other side, his back legs danced in the hair and then, in slow mo, he toppled backwards into the stream. I was to take away! Couldn't stop laughing for ages.

Diesel- Nah, he's an idiot. Brought him for entertainment value anyway ;)

Gizmo- Sometimes, but mostly i dont feel guilty

Maisy- I hate laughing at her. She is 10 and has liver problems and i feel horrible for laughing at her. I want to spend her remaining years loving her not laughing at her :)

Hy'Shqa That sounds so like Dana :D

There's a lake nearby I usually let them swim in the summer. The areas where I let them swim aren't deep, they can stand in there and only half of their body would be in the water (just as they like it). However, one day there where some fishermen at the place I usually let them swim. So I went to the other side of the lake and let them swim there instead. Dana really wanted to get in the water, she took a leap with her front paws right in front of her - expecting to hit the bottom of the lake and then walk around a bit. The only problem was that she never hit the ground. So in that position she completely disappeared under the water! If that wasn't already funny enough you had to see the expression on her face when she came back on the surface! Just pure horror!!:rofl: I had to help getting her out of it as she was in total shock! Needless to say, until this very day she never went in it again at that location :rolleyes:

never!! they are little comedians and love the attention!!

On the subject of water fails, we've had 2 here, once kira was walking by the river, but it had that green stuff on top, she thought it was grass and walked right on!!! She gave me such a dirty look, either for laughing so much or for letting her do it, knowing full well what would happen!

Grey done similar, he thought the river was shallow but it wasnt and he went right under! That was just before I met up with James to get on a train to a meet, but the train had been replaced with a coach, omg the smell was horrible!

Would never feel guilty - I love to laugh when he slips and slides on the kitchen tile! :)

Though, he probably laughed at ME when he pulled me over the other day. Or, he just didn't care cause he sorta looked at me like "WTF are you doing down there!?"

Kiana was sleeping peacefully under my chair when, for whatever reason, she bolts up and whacks her noggin on the underside of my seat. She then glared at me, before I could even get a chuckle out, huffed and layed back down. I can't help but laugh but I feel bad I mean my evil chair has certainly set up both dogs many times for a nasty lump or two on their noggins. Maybe I should consider switching to bean bag chairs :confused:

that was nothing to make u feel guilty IMO :P Diamond was scared of my bro for some reasons, and he always try to avoid him x) even when Dime is sleeping--idk how he does that--he'll jump and run away when he hears my bro walking down the stairs. It really is funny to watch him jump up to the air and frantically hide behind the rocking chair (the only chair big enough to hide his body LOL) while trying to keep his balance above his four paws, but even if it's hard not to laugh I'd feel really bad if I burst out laughing at my boy's (irrational) fear xD

One thing husky ownership has taught me is lots of them hate being laughed at. They turn their backs and huff in disgust. Or get their own back by chewing something lol. But does that deter me from doing it? Nope lol.

That is Myshka ALL over!! She hates being laughed at! She shouts & barks at you which makes us laugh even more ... silly girl!!!!

Ollie makes us laugh every day as he just can't help being the village idiot. He's just learnt to chase his tail. Chases it one way and then tries the other. Only problem is he get giddy and always ends up bumping into something. He's hopeless at stopping and regularly crashes into doors, walls as well as humans and other dogs. He frequently rolls off his bed when he's asleep even though its quite wide he always looks at his bed in amazement as if it's attacked him. When he's thirsty from a walk he always rushes up to his water bowl and puts the whole of his nose underwater and comes up spluttering after blowing bubbles in the water. Recently when he had a bath recently he tried to climb out the bath, only problem was he tried to climb out at the corner where the two walls met. Made rinsing him off easier though. Also sometimes when he goes for poop he lifts his backlegs off the ground and you can see the look of concentration on his face to stop him toppling completely forward onto his nose. Hasn't tipped over yet as far as I know but I'm not taking bets that he won't. I could go on and on about the daft things he does that make us laugh. I don't know what he would do without Bo as he's the brains of the operation.